Realtime quiz updated

Re: Realtime quiz updated

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 2
Picture of Plugin developers

<<<31 hours later>>>

Okay, so I did more than just push a red button or two...I've spent a couple of hours hunched over my 10-year old Compaq Presario 2800 laptop and modified your code to do just this:

and this:

I've also attached the modified response.php file which is named as "responses_modified_by_FrankieKam_June2012.php". You may download it and then rename it to response.php. Please be mindful to FIRST rename your original response.php file to something like response_original.php! I'm using Moodle 1.9.15.

The main features of the modified response.php file are:

• for each question
    • shows the percentage understanding for that question (correct answers %) of the students
    • shows who got it right and who got it wrong
    • shows a running score for each student (1 point for every correct answer)
  • At the end of the quiz full results,
    • shows the overall percentage score of each student. This is very useful for me (and others too I hope!) as I need not use a pen and calculator to determine the overall score of a student. In the past, it would take me around 6++ minutes to calculate the performance of a particular student, given a 20-question quiz. Now it will not even take 5 seconds! What a lot of savings.
    • shows the overall class percentage understanding of the quiz - a useful aggregate percentage value for the teacher, I would think.

What the modified Realtime Quiz does not do yet is:

• cannot yet link to the Gradebook (ah, that would be really nice if it could, eh?) 

I hope you find this useful.  Lastly, thank you Davo Smith for a wonderful, wonderful Realtime Quiz 'ala Clickers' type of plugin. I use your plugin often in the computer lab and the students get a kick out of seeing their understanding tested and the instant feedback that it provided them. It was a joy creating the programming hack code. Maybe you can later add in code to store the results in the MySQL database. Food for thought. smile

Regards
Frankie Kam
Melaka (and soon to be moving to Kuala Lumpur), Malaysia 

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Frankie Kam -

Oops. The code in my previous post above (Tuesday, June 12, 2012, 04:14 PM), assumes that the order of students answering is constant which is wrong. Students may answer a realtimequiz question in any order, depending on who clicked the mouse first.

I took another look at the code and this time, I think I got it working correctly with regards to each student's running score.

Please download the file named "responses_correct_version_June2012_A.php" which is the correct version. 

Frankie Kam

In reply to Frankie Kam

by Frankie Kam -

And yet another improvement.

The code given in "Wednesday, June 13, 2012, 05:58 PM"'s post had a problem. Not all students managed to click their mouse in time, and so not all students' individual results were shown in the final table.

In this new version, the ENTIRE class' individual results are shown - after the last question analysis table and before the Overall Class Percentage Score.

Regards
Frankie Kam