Using Moodle to capture results from Flash Demo Builder or similar app

Using Moodle to capture results from Flash Demo Builder or similar app

by craig langenfeld -
Number of replies: 3
We are considering using Moodle to capture results of a short survey that we will be giving after a web demonstration. The software that we are considering for the web demonstration and survey is Flash Demo Builder or possibly Viewlet Builder. Can anyone provide tips on using Moodle just to capture these results? Is this over kill?

Thanks, Craig.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to craig langenfeld

Re: Using Moodle to capture results from Flash Demo Builder or similar app

by Wayne Gallagher -

I want to do something very similar, use Captivate for a movie with a Quiz at the end, and report the Quiz results to something like Moodle.  Is this possible?  What reporting format would I use?  I have the choice of Breeze, AICC, SCORM, Questionmark Perception, Authorware and Email.  Email is terrible though.

Thanks

In reply to Wayne Gallagher

by Les Amidon -

Wayne,

I also use Adobe Captivate (version 2) to develop my animation sequences (captures of screen actions) and the place them in a viewer contained within my lesson. I then load this lesson into Moodle using SCORM.

Of course, Captivate supports exporting content in SCORM format by itself without having to be run through another application. I would try this first. Create your captivate file and then fill out the Quiz Manager to Enable reporting of the Project using SCORM. Then import the new SCORM content into Moodle.

Let me if you are successful or not. If not I will do some additional research on my end.

V/R

Leslie “Les” E. Amidon, MSHR
Senior Learning Architect
INFORMS, Inc.
5913 Carmichael Place
Montgomery, AL 36117
334.277.0372 x486 Phone
334.277.0557 Fax
334.303.4193 Cell
lamidon@informs.com
http://www.informs.com

In reply to Les Amidon

by Wayne Gallagher -

Thanks for the reply Les.

I have just reinstalled Moodle after 18 months of not touching it...and the same with Captivate.  Pulling the finger out...

I've never used/had experience with SCORM so Im not quite sure where to start, as in Captivate you just seem to select it as an output but there are no settings to tell it what to do or where to go.  So basically I have no idea how to import it into Moodle when Captivate is not telling me where it's going.

Im sure there's a simple explanation for this? 

Thanks