Problem with 1.6 beta alongside 1.53

Problem with 1.6 beta alongside 1.53

by Colin McQueen -
Number of replies: 2
I have both 1.6 and 1.53 running on a windows XP pro platorm with EasyPHP1.8 and MySQL upgraded to 4.1.18 and DBs converted to UTF8. All works OK except if I am logged into 1.53 the try to log in to 1.6 with Firefox 1.5.0.1 I get

Warning: setlocale(): Passing locale category name as string is deprecated. Use the LC_* -constants instead. in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\moodle1-6\lib\moodlelib.php on line 5921

Any ideas?

Closing down the browser and restarting with 1.6 works fine.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Colin McQueen

Re: Problem with 1.6 beta alongside 1.53

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Colin,

I've followed your steps and I cannot reproduce the warning. Perhaps you haven't defined different "sessioncookie" values (under admin/configure/variables) for each Moodle instance running in the same server?

Ciao smile

Edited: I've performed one minor change in lib/setup.php in order to avoid such warning and some other notices but the "sessioncookie" configuration continue being recommended! wink
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

Re: Problem with 1.6 beta alongside 1.53

by Colin McQueen -
That solved my problem. big grin Thank you. approve Now I understand the admin page a little bit more.