LET'S MAKE A DONATION WHEN MOODLE 1.6 RELEASED

LET'S MAKE A DONATION WHEN MOODLE 1.6 RELEASED

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Number of replies: 24

Hi, Moodlers.

I think many of us are attached to Moodle as a part of our life. Imagine that one day, the Moodle leader says (Sorry, i just imagine, it's not real) : "Stop download and purchase our package. smile" .  Many sites will be closed and many students will not have opportunity to learn online.

So I as a member of Moodle, will make a small donation the day Moodle 1.6 released. So, well, I suggest a campaign of donation for Moodle. 10 US or 1000  depends on your pocket.  Let's help Moodle developers' team! We all know that they continue to work days and nights without donation!

Best Regards.

Giang (a Vietnamese Moodler)

Average of ratings: Coolest thing ever! (2)
In reply to Đinh Lư Giang

Re: LET'S MAKE A DONATION WHEN MOODLE 1.6 RELEASED

by Hideto Harashima -

Good idea, Giang.

I hope many people follow suit. Let's wait for 1.6 stable release with great expectation.

Cheers,

Hideto

by Vu Hung -
Hi Giang,
I totally agree with you. I'm finding a convenient way to make a donation for Moodle.

by Yves Dufour -
Great suggestion.... ! Big MOODLE 1.6 Donation logo....
and use it as a communication tool also to spread moodle mood...everywhere in the business world ... there is life besides Wall Street...

Yves

by Ulrike Montgomery -
Great idea! We'll join the campaign  and have a bake-sale at my school to celebrate 1.6.
Maybe other schools could do the same. I'll definitely suggest it to schools in our area. None of our schools could afford Moodle if we had to pay for it - so this is the least we can do.

Hoping to sell lots of cake smile,

Ulrike

In reply to Ulrike Montgomery

by Julian Ridden -
I love the idea of the bake sale. Ill run the idea of a "Krispy Kreme" (donut) drive past our principal.

by Jason Cole -
Or... you could donate now and help to get 1.6 out the door! That's the beauty of it. You don't have to wait to give the Moodle foundation money.

by Kenneth Melber -

Sounds great to me! Count me in the campaign!

Sincerely, Ken

P.S. Can't wait until 1.6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

In reply to Kenneth Melber

by M Y -
I'M IN!!!

MOODLE FOR EVER!!!

Martin
In reply to M Y

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Hi dear Moodlers,

I'm very touched when there are more people in this campaign. I suddently realize that there are NOT MANY people who visit this "Open social forum". Usually, Moodlers go directly to the forums, which are related to their interest, issues or language.

So, I'm posting the same suggestion for donation in all forum. And I am sorry about this "unique" spam (I've never done it before.)

Please announce this compaign to your Moodle local language forum too!

LET' SEE MOODLE DEVELOPERS HAVING A GOOD DINNER WHEN THEY RELEASE STABLE MOODLE 1.6

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Thanks for the kind thoughts, they and donations are always very welcome.

Two things though:

1) Moodle will always be free and GPL. This is a better reason for supporting Moodle than a scare tactic. wink

2) Please do not spam the forums as you did. If everyone did it these forums would be unusable. I'm going through your profile now and deleting all your recent copies. (This is time I could have been spending on Moodle instead.)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Sorry everybody. I just wanted to expand the campaign. Never spam again. smile

by Ma. Lourdes Pineda -

Great idea, Giang!

Let us know how we can do this... you know, how and where do we send the funds, etc.

In reply to Ma. Lourdes Pineda

by Tina Avenido -
There's a PayPal donation button at home http://moodle.org/ but unluckily, this isn't available in the Philippines.
More power to Moodle and Martin D. and the developers!

by Stephan Becker -
IT WILL BE WITH PLEASURE THAT BEAUTIFULOCENS.COM WILL HELP SUPPORT MOODLE... We ar just a small start-up struggeling (so far...), but our credo has always been "Give back"...!

Thank you for the opportunity,  Dinh Lu Giang
Keep us posted!

Let's Avoid Cross-posting (and still donate) :-)

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Dinh,

I love your campaign for donations for version 1.6. I am joining it! big grin

By the way, I just twenty of your posts in my mailbox--just like spam. This is called cross-posting, and it is good thing to avoid. In fact, it might make people irritated enough to *not* donate, so be careful not to hurt the wonderful idea you are promoting.

If you want everyone in Moodle to get a post, please go the the Open Social Forum and post just once, and lots and lots of people will get it. smile

by Ralph Blakeslee -

Count me in.

Any ETA for 1.6?

Ralph

In reply to Ralph Blakeslee

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Hello,

Moodle has more than 75000 users, are there more peoples, schools, institutes, companies who join this donation campaign? Please join us!

Another suggestion: I'm Ok with Paypal, but looking at some posts of this thread, could Moodle tell us other ways for donation.

Giang

by Timothy Takemoto -

I hear that paypal can't be used in quite a few countries, including Russia. It might be a good idea to provide a variety of such services.
Tim

In reply to Timothy Takemoto

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Another option is http://www.moneybooker.com (payment@moodle.com)
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Đinh Lư Giang -
Hi Moodler,

THE MOMENT HAS COME. We have been waiting for the message by Martin Dougiamas, our captain. And i would like to thank those who have joined my compaign and look forward to  welcoming other moodlers who join.

You must install 1.6 to understand how Moodle team has worked so hard to make Moodle in its new, fresh, strong and powerful life. Can't imagine 1.7 but 1.6 is already amazing.

Just click here and in one minute, you can give something to support Moodle to TAKE OFF.

Best regards and best luck.

Giang