Problem with Categories in Glossary

Problem with Categories in Glossary

by Joanna Butler -
Number of replies: 3

We are using the glossary to create a database of useful websites for our students. Unforunately I have recently come across a problem, when I create a category for example 'Motor Vehicle', it is automatically taking the space out - so it becomes MotorVehicle.  This hasn't happened in previous entries but I have noticed that if I edit an old category the spaces are also removed. Can anyone help with this?

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Joanna Butler

Re: Problem with Categories in Glossary

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

This is to confirm that the bug (feature?) mentioned by Joanna currently exists in Moodle 1.5.3 (stable) and 1.6 (development). Actually, the category labels not only refuse to accept a space, they refuse any non-alphanumeric character. So you can't even use the workaround of typing e.g. Motor_Vehicle or Motor-Vehicle, as these are also transformed into MotorVehicle.

I have posted bug report #4713.

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

by Just H -
Hi all

This would appear to be an issue with the php that inserts the category into the database (not really knowing much about backend stuff more of a guess than fact!).

Previous categories I had prior to updgrading are OK - new ones go in without spaces etc. as per above - if you insert the spaces in the categories directly in the database it holds the changes but also keeps the entry without spaces?.

Work around for me, is to add new categories and fix them in the database (deleting extra entries in the glossary and database when required).

Regards
H
In reply to Just H

by raji navaneethan -

Hi smith,

Thanx for ur reply.. But in our moodle 'Glossary of common terms', the word "Moodle Partner" will work properly. How can this wil be work properly?

Regards,

Raji.