Certificate Module--Now able to display total Course Grade on the certificate

Certificate Module--Now able to display total Course Grade on the certificate

by Patrick Jeitler -
Number of replies: 12

I have completed the 'hack' so the total course grade can be displayed instead of just a single quiz.

I have posted the files to :http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=35709

Look for the bottom thread.

Patrick

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Jeitler

Re: Certificate Module--Now able to display total Course Grade on the certificate

by Patrick Jeitler -

Here is my final release of the certificate module update.big grin

David T. Cannon released the certificate module, I merely added some features. I updated the release to 1.2. There are two links to download. The AL version requires that you have activity locking installed, the other link does not.

I added these features because I needed students to complete several quizzes with only one attempt allowed per quiz. I posted it here because someone else may find it useful.

certificate1.2AL.zip

certificate1.2.zip

The upgrades in version 2006012700 include:

1. The teacher or admin has the option to display the entire course grade instead of only the grade of a particulare graded module.You can still choose to display that grade of a particular module, however.
    • The grade is always calculated as a percentage.
      Example:
      Quiz 1 max grade 10
      Quiz 2 max grade 100
      If the student scores 0 points on Quiz 1 and 100 points on Quiz two, his grade would be 100/110= 90.9%

The easiest way to keep things easy is to give all graded items a max. score of 100.

2. I have included an option to set a min. course grade required to access the certificate. This is independent of activity locking.

You don't even have to use activity locking if you don't want to. But, since this is built of version 1.0 which required activity locking to be installed, you need to disable activity locking as described at the top of the install.tx document if you don't have A/L installed.

Patrick

Re: Certificate Module--Now able to display total Course Grade on the certificate

by Marion de Groot -
Patrick the links are not working, where can I download the latest version of the Certificate Module?
In reply to Marion de Groot

by Patrick Jeitler -
I have repaired the links. Download should be available again.

Re: Certificate Module--ERROR --URGENT PLEASE

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi PAtrick,

My Environment OS: windows 20000 Moodle 1.5.3 +

Certificate module 1.2

I was trying to install the certificate module and have some problems for which I need your help.

After installing the certificate module

I got a line error on running admin.

Warning: main(e:\program files\easyphp\www\lms/lib/locklib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in e:\program files\easyphp\www\lms\mod\certificate\lib.php on line 4

Thereafter I have blocked line 4 this error disappears.

There after on creating  certificate --> certificate is visible in the lesson. On trying  to open it I get this error.

"FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file"

I do not know where I am going wrong and look for your help.

Changes made : Blocked Activity locking in View.php

blocked Line in: mod/certificate/view.php line 88---->

blicked line in index line 71  ------>   "print_table($table); "

I am stuck and look forward four your help and assistance.

Thanks for sparing your time.

GARRY

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi PAtrick,

I am trying out the Certificate 1.2 (without activity locking).

The installation was successful.

When ever I try to create a certificate i get an FPDF error.

The View.php is attached.

Shall be grateful for your help I am at my wits end. dead

Garry

Re: Certificate Module--FPDF ERROR

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi Patrick,

I have installed the Certificate module and I am getting the following error on saving the certificate.

FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file

I am using the Certificate 1.2 Release.

My view.php is attached Kindly ignore the last post attachment.

Look for your comments to get the module functioning.

Garry

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Garry,

I should mention that the copy of the certificate mod I sent you also includes Patrick's course grade option--I've used it with no problems.  I have one suggestion since you seem to be having so many errors--try changing the theme in this course to a standard one--perhaps you have some problems with your theme code??? Just an idea.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Bhupinder Singh -

Thanks for the suggestion.

I shall try it out and inform  about the outcome.

Garry

In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Patrick Jeitler -

Sorry for not getting back sooner. I landed a new job and I am very busy during this transition phase. I have repaired the download links.

I also get the fpdf error, but only on moodle version 1.6, not on 1.53+. It will be some time before I'll be able to look at the code and find out why it is creating that error, but I would begin by enabling error reporting in php and find out what is being sent to the browser prior to sending information to fpdf.

Regards,

Patrick

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Heather P -
Hi there
I get your same FPDF error: Some data has already been output, can't send PDF file if I log in as a student.
If I log in as an administrator it works fine and I get a lovely certificate.
Have you made it work yet and if so how?
Thanks
In reply to Heather P

by Heather P -
Further to the above it actually gets more interesting. It isn't as clear cut as Administrators get a certificate and students don't. Some students also get a certificate.
I have now discovered that if I check in the database table mdl_user those that do not get a certificate and instead get the FPDF message have in the password field 'not cached' and those that get a certificate have some sort of hex style number in the password field.
We use LDAP authentication on our live systems and having just checked the mdl_users database table there I've discovered that all the accounts bar admin and guest have 'not cached'. Does this mean that the certificate module won't work on my live systems? I'm reluctant to apply it to a live system just to find out as it is only partially working on a test system.
Ideas gratefully accepted.
Heather
In reply to Heather P

by Donna Mayne -

I have the exact problem. I use LDAP authentication as well. Any ideas as to if the certificate will work or not?

Donna