Dfwiki: list of features?

Dfwiki: list of features?

by Josep M. Fontana -
Number of replies: 8
Is there any document or forum where one can find a list of the current features/functionalities of dfwiki?

Josep M.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

Re: Dfwiki: list of features?

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Dear Josep,
I Know that you want o enable HTML rendered view in the diff
view of the HTML editor created pages... If you want any other functionality
in the home page there's a (df)wiki called "dev wiki" for that purpose its only for
trusted users, but in your case if you send me your username in our site I'll
give you teacher acces...
And... by the way : "tingues paciencia coñe que anem de cul!" guiño (The catalan student Martin Langdorf  is encouraged to translate it)
Ludo
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

by Josep M. Fontana -
Chill out, Marc smile!

I was just asking for a list of the features *already available* in dfwiki because I'm doing some proselitizing among my colleagues and they asked me "what does dfwiki do that the other wikis don't do?". I was able to tell them about some features but I wanted a more "complete" list. That's all smile.

I know you are busy and I'll wait a little while to ask about the improvement on the diff function. You mentioned this, not me smile.

Josep M.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Yeah,
I'm developing a healthy paranoia :d .
We'll the list of features of dfwiki (not complete) would be:

* multiple language wiki ( I've seen this only in old moodle ) ewiki/dfwiki(wikipedialike)/wysiwyget
* easy configurable blocks
  - index/page tree
  - page tree/from current
  - user contribution pages ( a kind of rss block to track the pages where the user
posted )
  - built in search engine ( within page names and content )
  - new page block
  - page synonimous
  - user permisions at page level
  - page wishlist ( list of pages referenced but not created yet)
  - orphaned pages ( very important to keep a coherent wiki net)
* Atachments and images
* Integration with moodle, of course
* backup and restore integrated with moodle
* import / export (with the hability to "merge" wikis )
* export to a static website
* works fine with non latin charsets
* and the new module wikibook wich I'll explain in detail in the future whe'n I've got time ...

Do I forget something??
Ludo
ps list of main missing items that will come soon...before summer time
* wikipedia files import
* discussion pages / page comments insertion
* grades ( see last tim takemoto post)
* templates
* ampliation of markup to meet mediawiki standard
* export to PDF - open office - rtf throught wikibook
* export to lesson (see messages with bernard in gen dev forum) and petr's book module
*... suggestions are wellcome

by Steve Wright -
Can you give even a one-sentence idea of what 'wikipedia files import' will do?

Am setting up an activity to teach lecturers about Wikis and their potentials which will involve using Wikipedia first to establish idea of what it is + contribution, then setting up dfwiki in moolde - so a bridge import activity would be great to mention for the future!

So - when they add a 25th hour to the day for you to sleep, and a 26th spare - a sentence or idea of this would be brilliant.

MEanwhile - WOW and thanks and well done on the immense amount of work to get dfwiki into moodle!!!  You guys are legends...
In reply to Steve Wright

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
We'll my idea is to take the database sql dump of a wikipedia to import the content to a dfwiki...
Thanks for all the compliments
Ludo and dfwiki team 

by Ger Tielemans -

If you see Wiki as the free format tool for a project group, I wish me a plug-in calendar as a container for a calender-day releated yellow note page.. (like in the new Swiki)...

In a first release it is enough to have a plugin that generates a wiki page with a calendar view: it shows a calendar, focusing on the day of creation of the wiki-page, but with candidate hyperlinks behind every day in the inline calendar.

in it's final version this calendar must be also aware of the content of the Moodle calendar. (real access to the content of thier Moodle calendars for the wiki authors.)

This is just a wish for the moment you run out of work.

_

Another wish is for History education: a master-page with a timeline view for the dates, entered in the headers of the daughter pages of this master-page. (I was a little inspired by the project course format.. By the way, would be nice to have such a view as a course format, I willmention it there.)

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Marc,

Can you confirm:

The "modes" i.e. the equivalent of Student, Teacher and GRoups in the current Wiki.

The ability to create an "intial" page for new wikis in all "modes" above. Could you also advise what format the file creating the intial page may be - any extension to the current text file?

Integration with Moodle: includes the updates to recent activity.

Ray