Wikibook and wikimanual...

Wikibook and wikimanual...

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Number of replies: 9
HI there,
after the great news (Martin is willing to promote dfwiki to "wiki") I bring new toys for you...
The WikiBook activity provides a structured view of a wiki. Is extremelly easy to use and cool.... Please take a look in the Wiki manual that I'm creating ( using Kristin darke'ns wiki manual as a template ) at dfwiki home page.
http://appserv.lsi.upc.es/palangana/moodle/mod/itinerary/view.php?id=367&name=itinerarypage&index=0

Any feedback will be most wellcome, as well as suguestions and feature request.
We are heavily working on this, soon the HTML export of the wikibook will be available and a stable code will be released.
Cheers
Ludo
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ludo (Marc Alier)

Re: Wikibook and wikimanual...

by Mariana Curado Malta -
I am sorry but your link doesn't work! Gives the error:
Course Module ID was incorrect

Can you provide de correct link?

Obrigada! Mariana
In reply to Mariana Curado Malta

by Martina Wittmers -
Hi Mariana!
Ignore it. Just press "Continua" to enter the course. Worked for me...

Cheers
Martina

by Lady 800cc -

AWSOME!!  That is EXACTLY what I need in a wiki.  My next course begins March 4th.  I'm hoping the major bugs will be out by then and I can access the latest build through a zip file.

Keep up the good work!  I am monitoring this forum almost daily because I am so excited about dfwiki!

Lady800cc

by Matt Cromwell -
Yes! Yes! Exactly. This WikiBook is really great. This is perhaps THE thing that makes the faculty here a little hesitant to use the wiki. They don't feel that they can have an overall view of what's happening. Plus, there didn't seem to be one central way of printing the entire wiki in an ordered and understandable manner. This would change all that!

So.... download links?
In reply to Matt Cromwell

by Steve Wright -
This look intersting - any chance we'll see it on moodle docs so we can have printable documentation again (from one file)?

Look forward to this - will be really good!

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
Hi there
the wikibook activity module is ready to download from cvs contrib/dfwiki/itinerary
originally I called itinerary but at last found out the wikibook explains better the idea.
Regards
Ludo

by Matt Cromwell -
Great! Thanks for posting it at CVS.

A couple things...
1) When I uploaded the entire contrib/dfwiki folder I get the following error:
Fatal error: Cannot redeclare dfwiki_upgrade() (previously declared in F:\inetpub\wwwroot\onlineclasses\mod\dfwiki\db\mysql.php:3) in F:\inetpub\wwwroot\onlineclasses\mod\wiki\db\mysql.php on line 166
I had to delete the entire mod\wiki folder to get access to my website again.

After that I could set-up the Wiki Book and this is what it looks like (see attachment).

I'm running on a Windows 2003 server, Moodle 1.5.3+ , PHP5. Hope that helps in the debugging process.

MC
Attachment EuNC-Screen-WikiBookTest.jpg

by Ludo (Marc Alier) -
I'm sorry for any inconvinience,
dfwiki dir in contrib rigth now is kinda alpha version, because we are working in the dfwiki -> wiki mutation. I'll try to find time to publish a wikibook stable along the dfwiki stable version in dfwiki home.
Regards
Ludo

by Steve Wright -
Hi Ludo,

Would love to more about wikibooks - have picked up idea in another thread in using moodle > moodle documentation forum, your thoughts/ideas would be very welcome.

Steve