Presentation Module

Presentation Module

by Karen Stepanyan -
Number of replies: 146
It is my great pleasure to present the Presentation module for your critique.

To be short, this module is intended for creating presentations using only the Moodle System.

Please find the attached: Installation Guide, a short User Guide and the module itself.

I would be happy to see your feedback.
Thank you

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Karen Stepanyan

Re: Presentation Module

by Colin McQueen -
Great stuff

Unfortunately for me I get this error after clicking the first continue button.

Parse error: parse error in c:\program files\easyphp1-8\www\moodle\mod\presentation\slide_form.html on line 41

Using Moodle 1.53+ and Apache/PHP/MySQL via EasyPHP1.8

Any ideas?

In reply to Colin McQueen

by Andy Tagliani -
Yes same error and ... the installation treat (for the moment only optical) the admin sector! I can´t comment out the error, so i think the error is not inside the slide_form.html

Bye Andy

P.S. Hope you can fix it!
In reply to Andy Tagliani

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Karen,

When you presented this last year in Oxford it was for 1.4.x. Has it been updated for 1.5.x?

I hope so smile, my recollection was that it was quite impressive.

Ray
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Karen Stepanyan -
Nice to see you Ray,

Yes, the module is updated to work for Moodle 1.5. I have also reengineered it to make it more structured and added a few design templates and added minor changes in the appearance of created presentations.

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi,

Thanks for that update. I'll have a look as soon as I get a spare moment.

Ray

by Karen Stepanyan -
I am sorry for the inconveniences.
I have downloaded the EasyPHP to find out why that error message was generated.

The EasyPHP1.7 contains PHP version 4.xxx. While I have tested the module for the following configuration:
PHP 5.0.4
MySQL 4.0.25
Apache 2.0.54

Changes in PHP 5 allowed usage of notations which are unaccepted in PHP4.
I have changed the code and executed it with EasyPHP1.7. So it should work fine now.

Please find the revised version attached.
Sorry Again

by Colin McQueen -
Great thanks Karen.

Works fine with EasyPHP 1.8 now as well.

by Mª Carmen Felipe Hernández -
Hi, I´m a spanish maths theacher and I have some problems with the words like "ángulo", becouse the accent " ´ " in the a letter don´t appear and other symbols appear instead.
Could anybody help me?

by Daniele Cordella -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Conratulation Stepanyan
I like it but what I don't appreciate is that you need javascript enabled to use it. Is it rellly needed?
In reply to Daniele Cordella

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Daniele,
If it were not JavaScript, users would be forced to download the slides one by one, by pressing Next or Back buttons. That would slow down the speed of the slide show. It would be a pain for the students to wait wile the next slide is being downloaded.
With JavaScript, the whole presentation is downloaded, and then the requested slide is being changed to visible, while the previous one is hidden.
You get faster slide show with JavaScript and better human-computer interaction.

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi Karen,

Just what we needed. A really nice piece of work.

Shall try out and get back to you.

Regards

Garry

by Josep M. Fontana -
Hi Karen,

Could you tell us a bit more about what this module does? I'm eager to try anything that sounds interesting but before I install it and give it a try, I'd like to know what its functionalities are, whether we need this, etc. What do you mean exactly by 'presentation'?

Josep m.
In reply to Josep M. Fontana

by Karen Stepanyan -
Dear Josep,

Thank you for your interest.
This module allows the users to create "presentations". The presentation is nothing but an HTML page generated from the data inserted by the user. The key is that the generated page is like a web presentation (*.mht) created by Power Point.

So, by adding a Presentation activity you are using only the Moodle System and create a presentation which can be viewed without Power Point or other additional software.
Attached is a screenshot of the created presentation view. It contains only two slides.

Attachment Slide.gif

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Karen

First - i love your module! It´s a fanatstic module for moodle. I don´t know if other moodlers have the same problem, after i installed the module, the admin sector change. I made a screenshot, so u will see that the admin sector shows the configuration modus and not the normal admin sector.

Bye Andy
Attachment screenshot_presentation.gif

Svar: Re: Presentation Module

by Anders Berggren -
Hi Andy (and all),
I stumbled on the same problem. I am using
WIN XP, EasyPHP 1.7 and Moodle 1.6 beta.
Cheers, Anders

by Karen Stepanyan -
Dear Andy,

Thank you for trying the module.

Yes, you are right. The Admin section opens “Variables” section at once.
I was not using the admin section too often and did not notice the difference.

I found out that this problem will disappear if the file named config.php is renamed to any other name. And the rest of the files that require it changed accordingly.

I am not sure whether this is a Moodle bug or just a Moodle convention. It means that the file cannot be named “config.php”.

I will post this question in the General Developers’ Forum.

For now, I was forced to change the module accordingly.  It is attached.
Thank you again for your post.

by venkatesan iyengar -
Thanks Karen,

It is quite nice. However, I felt that this is similar to book module. The obvious differences are attractive background and full screen visualization and great looking buttons. But, editing individual pages is easier in book module. I feel this module and book module can be merged togther. I'm surprised why the text filters and math filters and media filters do not work in the presentation module? Is this not enabled in the module or reserved for future versions.

by Lucas Arruda -
Brazilian Language Files for your 17 Jan 06 version.

Question:
Is there a direct link to the download files? If found it a bit complicated to put them in the topic.
If no, why not create a SF.net project or something like that.

Tanks in advance.

Lucas Arruda
In reply to Lucas Arruda

by Lucas Arruda -
New language for portuguese (portugues, pt-br, br ou pt_BR) file for the last presentation module.

by Loren Workman -
IM having the same issue but what files othern then the config.php need to be changed?

Hi, I´m a spanish maths theacher and I have some problems with the words like "ángulo", becouse the accent " ´ " in the a letter don´t appear and other symbols appear instead.
Could you help me?

by Colin McQueen -
I'm really enthusiastic about this module.

Can I ask ...

• Does the slide HTML get filtered so I can embed media such as .mp3 and .swf files.
  • Should there be a description/summary field as for other resources/activities
Can I also suggest some WIBLIs?
(Wouldn't It Be Lovely If ...)

• Making an option for the Presentation Title and Subtitle to appear as a first slide.
  • An option to use refresh meta-tags to "play" the presentation.
  • If you have rights to editing a link directly to editing the presentation from the presentation screen rather than back to the course then into editing from there.
  • Save as HTML putting the 3 files created into a subfolder or zip file, otherwise you may get some overwriting and helping with export needs considering
  • Finding a way to import/export from other presentation software such as opendoc presentations and dare I mention MickeySoft? I realise that there will be big issues regarding embedded media, transitions and animation etc. But if I was able to say to teachers anything you make in a Moodle presentation can be exported simply to be imported into Powerpoint would encourage Moodle adoption. people are worried about having content locked into a system.
  • A preview of design templates so you can see general impression before choosing the one to use. Perhaps linked to a design template editor?
I think that the strength of this module is that you get simple presentations that can be seen in any modern browser and things like Powerpoint reader software is not needed.

Brilliant module!

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Karen

I thank you, and here are german language include german language helpfiles. The optical problem with the admin sector is fixed!

Thanks again!
Bye Andy

by Karen Stepanyan -

Dear Andy,

Thank you for your contribution. I am pleased to add it to the package. Can I add your name as a comment in the files?

Thank you again

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Karen

Sure you can do this! If you will i can make a seperate readme file for the german moodler?

Thanks again for this great module, they like it all!
sincerely yours Andy

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Colin,
First of all thank you for your feedback.

The HTML code received from the HTMLEditor is not being filtered in the Moodle. I am not sure how you insert the media content, but if you could guide me to a standard of inserting Media content in the Moodle I could try it and if necessary adopt the module for that.

Your WIBLIs are wonderful. That is exactly what I would expect from the readers of this forum. These suggestions can guide the future development of this module.
Thank you.

by Ray Lawrence -
Hi Karen,

Tried the module last night, it works well.

I have some questions:
  • Would it be possible to offer the "standard" Window options so that there is more flexibility in how the presentations are displayed e.g. within a frame with site navigation intact (important, I feel) or pop up windows?
  • It seems that backup is not yet supported - any plans for this?
  • I notice that the files created are in the main files area. Would it be possible for the module to create a folder for these files to assist with course file management?
Ray
In reply to Ray Lawrence

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Ray,

Thanks for your comments.

I will try to support backup as soon as possible. You are right that is important.It will not require too much effort.
The incompatibility with the file management system is a significant issue. I admit that the saving/presentation detaching functionality needs vast improvements. However, it requires good understanding of the Moodle file management system. Could you suggest someone who has experience of working with Moodle file management? S/he could help me with an advice how to improve that part of the module.

by Lennart Goedhart -

Hi Karen,

The module is brilliant - exactly what I was looking for! A bit hard to find initially though... have you considered adding it the Activity Modules list?

In my install, I've changed the code to enable moodle filtering (MP3, SWF, et al).

On line 122 of view.php (current as of this post), is the line:

echo('</div><div class="slide">' . $slide->slide . '</div>');

If you replace it with the following lines, you'll get filtering:

echo('</div><div class="slide">');
echo format_text($slide->slide, FORMAT_HTML, NULL, $course->id);
echo('</div>');

For more info on the format_text function, see here.

I've noticed that the slideshow doesn't seem to work with only this change. I haven't looked into it yet, but I'll get back to you if I figure it out wink

In reply to Lennart Goedhart

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Lennart,

The usage of mp3 and swf files in the presentation slides was requested by many. I have made a quick(ugly) hack to the process_slide.php file. Instead of changing the view.php, I would suggest you to replace process_slide.php with this one.
Let me know if it is not what you would expect.

Best,
Karen

by richard edwards -

First, I must say, what a fantastic module. Is there anyway to get the presentation to open inside the moodle installation? If that's not possible, where can I change the mouse over caption for the "return to moodle" button in the presentation?

In reply to richard edwards

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Richard,

Thank you for your feedback.
Regarding the mouse over event. It was not planned to change the button appearance depending on the event for the “Back To Moodle” button. It is a good idea to add some (maybe empty) functions to minimize users’ efforts in changing the appearance.
If you want to change the image of the button please see the utils.php file. It contains print_presentation_footer() function – line 154. And if you want to add a JavaScript functionality, you might found it proper to add a new function in the view_lib.js file, which is already included in the Presentation and contains all the JavaScript functions related to Presentation View.

I did not understand the first question, sorry: “Is there anyway to get the presentation to open inside the moodle installation”. Presentation Module is implemented as an activity. Is it possible to do with any other activity?

by richard edwards -

Hi Karen,

Thank you for your response. I found where you change the mouse over caption. An example of what I mean on the other question would be making it similar to "adding a link to a website or file" where you have 2 options, Ope in same window or open in new window.

Thanks,

Richard

by Paul Andrews -
Hello - tried to get this to run but when I get to the 2nd page of adding a presentation I get the following error:

"ERROR :: Slide with id does not exsists"

Any ideas?

Cheers.
In reply to Paul Andrews

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Paul

I did see this error when in click on the return button of my browser (firefox), but never seen when i go to the next and or 2nd slide. Did you come from the preview modus to the 2nd slide or from the creating modus?

Bye Andy

by Paul Andrews -

Hi Andy.

It's when I try to create a presentation.

I install the module - all tables are added to the DB - but then when I try to add a presentation it falls over.

:o(

In reply to Paul Andrews

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Paul

I can´t verify this problem??? You see me withou an answer. Comes only this warning or sometings else? What browser do you have? I hope another one can say more about your problem, but i will search for a solution too.

Bye Andy

by Paul Andrews -
Did some rummaging.

We are running Moodle 1.5.2

PHP = 5

MYSQL = 4.1

It's not writing to the database - hence when you go to make a presentation, the 2nd page is looking for a non existant database entry (I think).

mixed
In reply to Paul Andrews

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Paul,

I have the configuration that you have mantioned.
Are you sure you have downloaded the package from the post created "by Karen Stepanyan - Tuesday, 17 January 2006, 09:20 PM"
Here is the quote: "Dear Andy,
Thank you for trying the module.
Yes, you are right. The Admin section opens Variables section at once." ........

If that will not fix the problem could you please tell me which subversion of php you are currently using? The problem is server side, for sure.

Regarding the database:  The database will not be updated until you get at least one slide in your presentation.

by Paul Andrews -
Hello we are using PHP Version 5.0.5. I think I tried all of them but I will remove everything and try again with that one. clown Cheers.
In reply to Paul Andrews

by Ger Tielemans -

Using Linux Suse and Moodle 1.5.3: When I try to change a presentation and save it again I get:

ERROR :: Requested Slides NOT FOUND :: presentation_get_slides(pres_id); pres_id = 3

I like the modul with the changing backgrounds and full screen presentation.

In reply to Paul Andrews

by Art Lader -
Hi, Paul,

We get the same error if we try to edit a slide after we have already saved it once. Just thought that little extra bit of info might help.

-- Art
In reply to Paul Andrews

Re: Presentation Module Error message :Slide with id does not exsists

by Jamey Barber -
I am getting the
ERROR :: Slide with id does not exsists
error also. 
If I click continue another error pops ups:  A required parameter (course) was missing
If I click continue it takes me to the home page.
I have updated Moodle, uninstalled the module, etc. 
Firefox 1.5.0.1
OSX 14.5 Server
Moodle 1.5.3 last Stable as of 3/1/2006
PHP 5.0.4
Mysql 5.0.15 standard

In reply to Jamey Barber

Re: Presentation Module Error message :Slide with id does not exsists

by leo lepi -
Has this been fixed? I have the same error and using
IE7
Moodle 1.9

by richard edwards -

Karen,

I have attached a screen shot of a situation i noticed. When my slide text goes far enough down the page, the navigation buttons cover the text where it is unreadable. I am looking into the code, ut I am a novice, let me know if you can do something about this.

Thanks,

Richard

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi all

So i have i installed the module on a clean and fresh installation. Yes i can verify some problems, but only the optical Problems and that what Richard wrote is correct.

Look on Screenshot 1
This is the first look at when you have saved the slide.

Look on Screenshot 2
This is the look at when i click on the arrow icon

Look on Screenshot 3
This is the look at when i start the module from the course and without a picture

Bye Andy

Attachment shot1-2-3.jpg

by Andy Tagliani -
I mean i found a solution for the optical problem, but please ...!

Wait before Karen see this topic, what Karen say!

I the file stylesheet_generator.php arround line 46 you found:
margin-left:20%;

Change this line to
margin-left:30%;

On that way the problem what Richard mean and what you see in the topic befoire on screenshot 3 is gone, it works for me! I´m not sure - i can be that the picture and or the slide can then have not more than around 400 pixel width !?

Bye Andy

by Karen Stepanyan -
Dear Andy,

You are right, by changing the value of the margins you can avoid having buttons appear on the content. However it might not ensure the same result for the users with different screen resolutions.
These are the potential solutions which come to my mind:
• If the content is too long, the buttons are placed right after the content. It means that the buttons will be invisible on the screen unless the page is scrolled.
• If the content is too long, the content of the page is shortened to the visible part. So, you get the buttons in the bottom of the page but the content will not be available for scrolling.
• The buttons can be much smaller with vertical orientation. So that even with very narrow margins the content will not be placed under the buttons. This is the easiest solution but might not be the most suitable for the users.

If people could suggest how to cope with this I would be glad to change the view.

I have attached the structure of the presentation to this post so that you could imagine what a slide can be. You will see, when the 20% of the screen size is less than the size of the buttons' bar, the content will be put under it.

If you go to the stylesheet_generator.php you can uncomment the /*border-style:solid;*/ lines just to see the structure of the slides.
Andy, thank you for your active participation.

Attachment slide_structure.gif

by Michael Penney -

What you might do is enclose the page content in a div with overflow set to scroll, like we did in lesson. This keeps the buttons in the same place while the slide content scrolls.

On another issue, can students create presentations?

Attachment lessongif.gif
In reply to Michael Penney

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi all

Only a little thing

In the file finish.html (i always wondering why shows me ?> when i click on the finish button) around line 12 you can delete the ?>

Original
<!-

Moodle - Presentation Module                                                                                                                    
 Copyright 2005(C)                                                                                                          
 Designed by:  Karen Stepanyan (Karen.Stepanyan@gmail.com)                                                                                                 

This form is used for submitting the form the the finnish button is pressed.
 It instantiates the form and submits it to the ../course/mod.php so that
 standard actions/functions could be called.
-->
?>

Andy´s file smile
<!-

Moodle - Presentation Module                                                                                                                    
 Copyright 2005(C)                                                                                                          
 Designed by:  Karen Stepanyan (Karen.Stepanyan@gmail.com)                                                                                                 

This form is used for submitting the form the the finnish button is pressed.
 It instantiates the form and submits it to the ../course/mod.php so that
 standard actions/functions could be called.
-->

Only for the next version or when someone want fix this.

This module is one of them i did search long time for such one. It´s really great! Another thing Karen, my meaning is the module need a little description, like a readme. I know now what one of the moodler means when he push the button Next and he becomes a blank page or a warning. If the moodler in the create mode and have only one slide, he can not push this button, on that point he have a blank page. In this case the moodler must click on the button New Slide. This button (Next) is only for modify the slides when you have more than one slide

My problem is, my english is not good enough to make a readme file in english, but i will do this for the german speaking moodlers. This point have nothing to do with the module, it is only a question of handle a new module.

Bye Andy

by Karen Stepanyan -
Let me tell you how the slide view is implemented and why it has been done this way.
The content of the presentation is an HTML code which is rendered by a browser. Unlike Power Point, the browser adds scrollbars to the window. So, the user can scroll to the content of the page/slide which is invisible because of the window size.

It took time to decide how to implement the view. I have asked for a feedback and based on that it was decided to put the buttons on the bottom of the window.
If you go to stylesheet_generator.php you will see that the footer styles has position:absolute; bottom: 0;. This attributes make the buttons appear on the bottom of the window both in IE and Firefox. However, when the content of the slide is too long the buttons go up with scrolling. This is a known bug, so the browsers cannot render these attributes correctly.

This bug seems to be fixed in the modern browsers. If you are using Firefox or IE6+ you can try to use in the stylesheet_generator.php position:fixed; instead of position: absolute. It might suit you.
However, again IE and Firefox render it differently. IE puts the buttons after the content of the page/slide, while Firefox puts them on the bottom of the window. That is the reason why we left the position:absolute notation.

Please try position:fixed; as described above, it might suit you.
If the moodlers could suggest a new structure for the slide I would be happy to change it.

by richard edwards -
Could we possibly make it an option in the setup of a new presentation to open in a slideshow or without the index side bar?

Svar: Presentation Module lang/sv

by Anders Berggren -

Hi Karen,

Here's the Swedish translation.

Cheers, Anders

In reply to Anders Berggren

Re: Svar: Presentation Module lang/sv

by Karen Stepanyan -

Dear Anders,

Thank you for translating the module into Swedish. I greatly appreciate it. I will include the Swedish language pack with the next distribution of the sources.

by richard edwards -

Karen,

I cannot find anything in this forum about my problem. I have experienced this several times while editing a presentation. I edit a slide inside of a presentation and try to save it,i get an error saying it could not update slide2lib.php or whatever slide number i was editing, and then when i go back to the presentation, all slides after the one i was editing have been removed.

wha to do?

by Karen Stepanyan -

Richard,

I had been playing play with the presentations trying to edit/save the slides but did not face the error that you described. According to your description, that is definitely a bug.
Did you notices what was unusual with the content of the slide that you were working on. How the content of the slide being edited differed from the rest of the slides? Besides that I would highly appreciate if you could tell me what version of PHP and MySQL of your machine.

Thank you and sorry for inconvenience.

by richard edwards -

PHP is PHP 4.3.11

MySQL is MySQL 4.0.24

I hope this helps. All of the slides in my presentation have the same logo at the top of the page and then text about a paragraph long. I edited the text and tried to save it and that's when I got the error and everything past that slide disappeared.

Thanks,

Richard

by W Page -

Hello Karen and Everyone!

Does anyone have a test site set up so that I could take a peek at the Presentation module.

Thanks in advance.

WP1

In reply to W Page

by Julian Ridden -
I Have installed the module into The Playpen. You can click this link to take you directly to the "New Features" course where new contrib items are highlited.

You will find Presentations at the bottom of the page.
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Jan Dierckx -

Thanks Julian for putting up a demo in the Playpen.

Karen, this is a great module!

If you are interested in it, I have merged some things from the presentation resource type into your module:

• keyboard navigation (See options here)

• items in a list are shown one by one

• you can display an outline of the whole presentation (press the t key)

• easy printing of handouts through a special print stylesheet

• support for Opera's OperaShow function

• navigation is hidden in the bottom right corner until you mouse over it. No need to choose between slideshow and framebased format

None of this is really my work. It is based on Eric Meyer's S5 format

Demo is here.

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Jean-Pierre Pawlak -
I like these additions, Jan. However, using the toggle function seems to break the presentation in Firefox 1.5.

Attachment toggle.jpg
In reply to Jean-Pierre Pawlak

by Jan Dierckx -

Oops!

Another nice thing about adopting the existing S5 format...

If it is broken in Firefox 1.5, it's not me who has to fix it! wink

I'll check if one of the newer alpha versions of the S5 format fully supports Firefox 1.5

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Karen Stepanyan -
Thank you Jan,
I wish I new about the S5 before I started working on the modulesmile. There are things that I really loved and which could be added to this module. Some of them are in your list.
The keyboard navigation is implemented perfectly in S5.
For this presentation module you can use ONLY Right Arrow (<wink and Left Arrow (->) to proceed from one slide to another. The Escape (Esc.) button closes the popped up window when you are in the Slide Show mode.
I loved the idea of hiding buttons. But what I noticed, is that you need to adjust the text size to make it visible on the screen. The similar problem, at least to some extent, exists in this Presentation module. However, Michael Penney proposed a solution of adding a scroll bar if needed. The slide will not have a slide like view, but at least the content will be available without changing the size of the text.
Thank you

In reply to Jan Dierckx

by Karen Stepanyan -
Jan,
I have downloaded and installed your resource. That is a wonderful idea and a good job smile

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi,
Sorry for this delay in answering the posts. I am currently working on making the module possible for backup and restore. Some other suggestions discussed in this forum will follow it.
I am going to register the module as a Sourceforge project to make it easier the tracking, versioning, etc.

by Julian Ridden -
You should contact Martin D to organise contrib acess to moodles own CVS space on sourceforge. Most contrib projects are stored there
In reply to Julian Ridden

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Karen, I'd love to give you access to develop this.  Message me with your sourceforge details!  smile
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Karen Stepanyan -
Thank you Martin,
I highly appreciate it.
I have already sent you an e-mail with my account details.

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi Karen,

The Zip contains only the module.

The Installation Guide, and the  short User Guide are not there . (An oversight offcourse.)wink

Thaught It would be nice if you could put them up too. That shall enable to understand the full potential ofthe module and use it accordingly.

Garry 

Re: Presentation Module--DOCUMENTS?

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi KAren,

The Installation Guide, a short User Guide are not in the zip.

Shall be nice if you could load them up.

Garry

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Karen Stepanyan -
Garry,
Here are the files- the Installation Guide and a short User Guide .
They were available in the package distributed with the first post.
Best smile

by Andy Tagliani -
Hi Karen

Next week follows the german translation of your installation guide, i´m busy this week, but i will upload my files quickly as i can.

Bye Andy

by George Reinhardt -
I have looked at both the user guide and the installation document. However, I do not see anything that tells me which version of moodle (1.6, 1.7, 1.8, or 1.9) is required to use the presentation module.

Can anyone help me out here?
In reply to George Reinhardt

by Alex Contis -
Hi George,

I'm not sure if you question is about the Presenter or the Presentation activity

If you are looking for Moodle Presenter then it requires Moodle 1.9.x, the information can be found at the link:

http://moodle.org/mod/data/view.php?d=13&rid=3638&filter=1

Sincerely
Alex Contis
NetSapiensis AB
In reply to Alex Contis

by George Reinhardt -

Alex,

Thanks for the quick response.  I was looking for the Presentation Module which is considered an Activity according to the User Guide posted in this discussion.  I would like to add this module to my site, but I am at 1.6.x and I am not sure if it will work.

Some day I hope to get to 1.9.x but I doubt it will be in the near future.  I understand that you really need to do  all the upgrades ONE AT A TIME and that I should not try to jump from 1.6.x to 1.9.x.

But I do appreciate the help.

Thanks again.

by Bhupinder Singh -

Hi KAren,

After the install the ppt was made and saved.

Revisiting the lesson gave the following error. in the third column above the blocks.

Warning: print_recent_activity(c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle/mod/presentation/lib.php): failed to open stream: No such file or directory in c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle\course\lib.php on line 752

Warning: print_recent_activity(): Failed opening 'c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle/mod/presentation/lib.php' for inclusion (include_path='.;C:\Program Files\EasyPHP\php\pear\') in c:\program files\easyphp\www\moodle\course\lib.php on line 752

PS any luck with loading the MANUALS?

Hope the above info shall help you in resolving the problems.

Garry

by piersante sestini -
That is great!
I thought to do something similar myself some time ago, but I decided that it had to be a "resource" rather than an "activity", and I found that resources were too difficult to code (or I am just too lazy wink.
I think that you did it better than I could anyway, except that I would have added keyboard control, which I see has been added already by Jan Dierckx: is that available now?

thanks,
Piersante
In reply to piersante sestini

by Matt Cromwell -
I noticed the presentation module on the CVS contrib and got all excited, downloaded it (without searching the forums first), then had no idea what to do exactly because there was no README, or help files or language files. Then I found this forum and was surprised that all the documentation is in these .zip's along with the lang files and help docs, BUT not in the CVS.

But now, after all of that, I have to say that this was one of the easiest module installs yet. Really NO problems and the presentations themselves are great and fast. I like it alot! Too bad I created my own language file before finding these ones mixed

Last question/comment: What's the best way to install my own custom background?

Presentation Module in Documentation Wiki

by Art Lader -
Hi, Karen,

If you have a few spare moments, you might want to improve this entry about your excellent presentation module in the documentation wiki.

I am sorry that I did not have time to do it justice!

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

Issues with Presentation Module in 1.6

by Julian Ridden -
Am having issues with the presentation module operating in the 1.6 Beta. Am getting the following error when trying to view.

ERROR :: Slide with id does not exsists

Any ideas on a cause?

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Presentation module : french translation and some patches

by Patrick Pollet -
Baref Karen wink

Please find attached the french translation of the presentation.php and of the help/html files.

When playing with your module I found a few quirkes that I modified and are also included in the mod/ directory of the zip file.

1) there was a problem with the translation of the tooltips for navigation buttons in view/preview mode. The title attribute was hard coded in english and not using Moodle's print_string() or get_string() functions. I modified mod/presentation/utils.php. This requires that my 6 additionnal $string[] entries in the french translation to be added to the presensation.php file in all languages ;-(

2) in editing mode the Previous/next/delete buttons were not disabled when being on first or last slide, thus giving a Moodle error and some slides being lost.
This was due to the fact that ids attributes or these buttons were localized by print_string() where they should not be ; so their ids did not matched anymore those used in the javascript function check_buttons(). I modified mod/presentation/slide_form.html.

3) I second suggestions made in this forum that slide's content must be passed to Moodle's text filters mechanism in view/preview mode, thus allowing embedding of multimedia contents (mp3, flash) and also the recent Jmol filter to display 3D molecular structures, and removing "inappropriate content"... This will make your module a "killer application".

4) I also noticed that in some situations, slides are not saved or the presentation and slides are found to be duplicated in mdl_presentation and mdl_presentation_slides tables ... I am still trying to investigate . It did happen at least once when an existing presentation was edited and I checked the Save to HTML button.

5) Finally a nice addition would be the ability to reorder the slides wink

6) When do you plan to make your module available on the "official" Moodle download site for "non standard modules" ?

Keep up with this excellent work.

Cheers.

In reply to Patrick Pollet

Presentation module : A must do fix

by Patrick Pollet -
Hello again,

This week-end I tried to add to my Moodle site the quickmail block module without any success. When clicking on the "Admin..." link,as required to finish installtion, I was always redirected to the admin/config.php page with no creation of the required tables for this module...and an additionnal error message about my session not being found...

It took me a lot of time to find out that the culprit was not quickmail but "presensation"...

In the Karen's version, there was a file named "config.php" in the directory /mod/presentation to held defaults values for slides...this file was included in presentation/lib.php and his other scripts...

But when the admin page is called, it tries to upgrade all modules/activities/blocks... by doing several actions and among them , including the lib.php if present in the corresponding modules' directories...

Unfortunately, the line "include ('config.php')" in mod/presentation/lib.php was really fooling the Moodle upgrade mechanism by including "admin/config.php" and not "mod/presentation/config.php". For some reasons it failed and I found myself redirected to the basic configuration page.

Please find enclosed a revised version of presentation where :
- the config file has been renamed config_pres.php.
- all include/require in php scripts changed from config.php to config_pres.php.
-all patches I have described in my previous messages still included.

At least it fixed my problem with the admin/index.php stopping when checking for upgrades for activities whose names is greater than "p", such as quickmail .

Hope this help others ...

Cheers.

Re: Presentation module : A must do fix

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hey Patrick smile

I have also faced the problem of having a config.php file in the module's directory, see the post dated 17 January 2006. I have also raised a question on the developers forum but have not received an answer. http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=37809

In this case, you have most probably downloaded and used an older version of the module. Because the config.php had already been renamed. That’s why I have left the updated version without changes. Sorry.

Best smile

Re: Presentation module : french translation and some patches

by Karen Stepanyan -
Barev Patrick smile

I am sorry for this late response.
First of all let me thank you for your contributions. I have compared all the code and updated it. Thank you again.

Regarding 1: Perfect, now the Tool Tip text of the buttons can be translated as well. I have simply added the necessary lines into the other language packs.
Regarding 2: The only comment is that I slightly rearranged your code to cope with PHP4 and not only PHP5.
Regarding3: I am not quite sure how to do that, but I will try to find it in this forum.
Regarding 4: I guess I have already fixed it, although I have never noticed a duplicated slide on my DB, the module could allow input/update of slides when the presentation itself is not updated. Please, let me know if you encounter this problem again.

I have also updated the CVS with the latest changes and contributed language packs.

The current post contains an attachment with the latest changes as well (19.06.06)

Thanks

by Art Lader -
Hmm... It would not install for me. I could be doing something wrong, of course.

Maybe the screen capture below will help.

Thank you for this module, Karen. I look forward to using it often. smile

-- Art
Attachment presentation_module_error.gif
In reply to Art Lader

by Karen Stepanyan -
I can't believe I put the old file. Please, replace the your db files with the attached ones, or download it from the CVS. Before trying it again, just drop the created - Presentation, - Presentation_slides and - presentation_templates tables 

Thanx

by Art Lader -
Not a problem, Karen. I will give it a shot and let you know how it went.

Thanks,
Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Art Lader -
Seems to be working quite well now. smile

Many thanks!

-- Art

by Lucas Arruda -
Karen,

I have updated "br" (Brazilian Portuguese also called pt_BR) language string. Here is 19.06.2006 file.

Please update in CVS and in repatch if possible.

Best Regards,

Lucas Arruda
In reply to Deleted user

Re: Install issue with latest 1.6

by Karen Stepanyan -
Dear Paul,

The module required a few changes in order to be compatible with Moodle 1.6.

Feel free to download it from the CVS or get the latest attachement from this discussion (19.06.06).

Hope this will help smile

by Hank Feeser -

Installed presentation module on www.yabi.biz/moodle no problems. Installed same way in www.entr200.com/moodle, and when attempt to use, obtain the following error message: Parse error: parse error, unexpected T_OBJECT_OPERATOR in /home/entr200/public_html/moodle/mod/presentation/slide_form.html on line 41

I'd really like to use the presentation module. Any idea what's going on?

TIA, Hank

In reply to Hank Feeser

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Hank,

Could you tell me what  PHP version do you use on the latest machine?

by Hank Feeser -

Sure, and thanks for getting back. FYI, both entr200.com and yabi.biz are running off of the same provider, www.siteground.com. According to my cpanel, they are running Apache 1.3.14, PHP 4.3.11, and MySQL 4.1.19-Standard-log.

Again, the presenation module runs fine from yabi.biz, but not entr200.com, and both are hosted by siteground.

Thanks again,

Hank

The sites are www.entr200.com/moodle, and www.yabi.biz/moodle. I teach Intro to Entrepreneurship & Innovation @ Purdue University as a contract lecturer.

In reply to Hank Feeser

by Karen Stepanyan -
It seems that you get the same error as Colin McQueen - (see above - Monday, 16 January 2006, 07:17 PM). The modules was not working on PHP 4.x.

If you are using the version that is available on CVS you should not get this error.
Are you sure you used the same code for both of the Moodle sites? Make sure that the slide_form.html file does not differ from the one that is installed on the working instance of Moodle.

Re: Presentation Module-Can't get into contrib to download

by Jamey Barber -
Hi!

Would it be possible for you to post the latest Presentation module here? I have tried to download it from contrib to no avail.  Your module is the single most desired one for my moodle site.  I would be eternally grateful if this could happen.

Many thanks for creating this! approve

Jamey Barber
In reply to Jamey Barber

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Jamey,

Here is the module containing latest changes (19.06.2006) and all the available translations smile

by Jamey Barber -
Thank you very much!  I look forward to using this quite a bit.

Jamey

by Fr de Thysebaert -

hi

I have setup Presentation_Pack_19.06.06.zip and all is well functionning, but I had to do copying also language EN to en_utf8. Without this, the module appear with modulename into the add activities menu.

I Also use french translation who is runing and button are in french.

But ... it's my problem.. if the module is runing and slide correctly genertes, european caracters are not supported (é, à ..) Then encoding is than not correct, but only for this module.

How to correct this ?

Thanks for your help and thanks for this great component.

My presentation does not show right

by Caterina Skiniotou -
I am very new to Moodle, so kindly bear with me:

I downloaded and unzipped versions:

presentation_pp_2006_05_16 and
Presentation_Pack_19.06.06

The second is the most recent version but the first one contains very useful installation instructions because it tells you which files should be in what directory so that the installation runs smoothly after you access.

I have created a presentation using the presentation module, but I must have done something wrong because the module does not behave right:
the buttons appear with text withing square brackets: text

* I cannot text the way I like e.g. I can only use one type font and color
* after I have created the second/third slide the HTML editor buttons disappear and only a text box is open for me to type
* I use HTML scripting tags to format text, but only the list tags seem to be working

I can't wait to see what will happen when I try to add images or embed media objects to a presentation...

You can check it out for yourselves:

http://www.futurecontinuous-elc.com/moodle

The enrolment key is: TEFL-YELL

The presentation is on the third week tab.

Thanx in advance for all the help.

Cat.

by scott miller -

Hi there everyone, firstly I'd like to compliment the creator of this module, it's a great idea, and could be very useful.

Unfortunately, I've installed everything as I think it should be done, maybe I've done it incorrectly.

And I end up with the following.

problem

Basically it seems I've not installed correctly, and certain items that should be getting dragged from the database, just end up displaying wrong. It all seems to work bar this problem.

Also when I go to 'Add an activity', instead of saying 'Presentation' it reports 'modulename.

Any ideas?

Many thanks.

Scott Miller
scottjohnmiller@hotmail.com

In reply to scott miller

by Graham Glass -

Hello,

I'm sure you'll get more expert responses than this, but usually when I've experienced problems like this it's caused by not having the latest language packs installed (or one of them didn't get copied into the right place during installation).

Hope that helps.

In reply to scott miller

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Scott,

Perhaps Graham is right. Make sure you have installed the language pack. In order to install it you need to copy the content of the lang folder downloaded from the Friday, 7 July 2006 post (or alternatively from the CVS) into the lang folder of the Moodle directory. It should solve the problem.

Thank you for trying it smile

by scott miller -
Graham and Karen,

Thanks very much for your responses, will try this later, but I'm pretty sure thats what I needed, thanks very much again, it's good to know I can post somewhere and be helped!

Kind regards
Scott

by Loren Workman -
I just installed or tryed to and when it whent to set up I got all errors (table already exists) now how do i get it to stop trying to install the tables?
In reply to Loren Workman

by Alex Belikov -
I had the same problem.  If you read through the whole thread you would find post made on july 7th.  This is a link to the new module.
Use this link to download it. http://moodle.org/file.php/5/moddata/forum/27/225519/Presentation_Pack_19.06.06.zip
You will need to delete tables already created in the database.
In reply to scott miller

by Lennart Goedhart -

Hi Scott,

I had the same problem. I set up my moodle in a unicode environment. If you have done the same (ie. if you have a moodle/lang/en_utf8 directory), try the following:

When installing the presentation package, you installed some files (and a subdirectory) into the moodle/lang/en directory. Copy those same files into the moodle/lang/en_utf8 directory also...

by Andrea Centomo -
Dear all
                I was anxious to try this module but I obtain this
error

Module Presentation Pack: /var/www/html/moodle/mod/Presentation Pack/version.php was not readable

I'm sure that permissions are ok!

Someone could help me?

Andrea
In reply to Andrea Centomo

by Andy Tagliani -
The path is incorrect

not ./mod/Presentation Pack/version.php

./mod/presentation/version.php

it seems u have upload the main- and not the module folder!

Andy

by Andrea Centomo -
Ooops ... possibly I was drunk when working at this  thoughtful

Thanks ... now all works perfectly!!

Andrea

Italian localization

by Andrea Centomo -
Dear Karen
                      I tried presentation module: it is very nice!

So I decieded to contribute its localization in my native
language (I'm Italian).

Andrea

Re: Help Wanted

by Stelios Tserkezis -
I m from greece, and newbbie i guess, The only thing i did is to translate presentation.php from the language pack.

I folowed the instructions and these are the messages...

presentation

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_presentation` ( id int(10) NOT NULL auto_increment, course INT4 NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', userid INT4 NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', name VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET utf8, title VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET utf8, subtitle text NOT NULL, modified timestamp NOT NULL, description text NOT NULL, template_id int(10) NOT NULL default '-1', PRIMARY KEY (`id`))TYPE=InnoDB CHARACTER SET utf8  
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8, title VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET utf8, subtitle text NOT NU' at line 1

Σφάλμα

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_presentation_templates` ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, title VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET utf8, forgr_color1 VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8, forgr_color2 VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8, bg_color VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8, bg_path VARCHAR(254) CHARACTER SET utf8, font VARCHAR(254) CHARACTER SET utf8, timecreated int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', css_path VARCHAR(254) CHARACTER SET utf8, comment text NOT NULL, author VARCHAR(30) CHARACTER SET utf8, PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) COMMENT='Info about presentation Templates'  
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8, forgr_color1 VARCHAR(10) CHARACTER SET utf8, forgr_color2' at line 1

Σφάλμα

(mysql): CREATE TABLE `mdl_presentation_slides` ( id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL auto_increment, present_id int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', slide_order int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', slide_title VARCHAR(254) CHARACTER SET utf8, show_title int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', slide text NOT NULL, timemodified timestamp NOT NULL, comment text NOT NULL, PRIMARY KEY (`id`)) COMMENT='Slides of the presentation'  
1064: You have an error in your SQL syntax near 'CHARACTER SET utf8, show_title int(10) unsigned NOT NULL default '0', slide te' at line 1

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('presentation', 'add', 'presentation', 'name')  
Επιτυχία

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('presentation', 'update', 'presentation', 'name')  
Επιτυχία

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('presentation', 'view', 'presentation', 'name')  
Επιτυχία

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('1', 'Blue', '#FFFF33', '#FF3333', '#000066', '/templates/blue/blue.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  
1146: Table 'moodleDB.mdl_presentation_templates' doesn't exist

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('2', 'Chrome', '#000066', '#990033', '#00FFFF', '/templates/chrome/light_blue_small.jpg', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('3', 'Grey', '#990000', '#990000', '#FFFFFF', '/templates/grey/grey.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('4', 'Kids', '#000066', '#990033', '#FFFFFF', '/templates/kids/kids.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('5', 'Ocean', '#000066', '#990033', '#FFFFFF', '/templates/ocean/ocean.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'AAsatryan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('6', 'Orange', '#FFFF33', '#CCFFFF', '#00FFFF', '/templates/orange/orange.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('7', 'Snowy', '#000066', '#990033', '#00FFFF', '/templates/snowy/snowy.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('8', 'Stormy', '#FFFF33', '#FF3333', '#000066', '/templates/stormy/stormy.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('9', 'Vinous', '#FFFF33', '#00CC00', '#00FFFF', '/templates/vinous/red.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

(mysql): INSERT INTO `mdl_presentation_templates` ( `id` , `title` , `forgr_color1` , `forgr_color2` , `bg_color` , `bg_path` , `font` , `timecreated` , `css_path` , `comment` , `author` ) VALUES ('10', 'Violet', '#FFFF33', '#CCFFFF', '#00FFFF', '/templates/violet/violet.gif', 'verdana,arial', '0', '0', '', 'KStepanyan' )  

Σφάλμα

presentation tables could NOT be set up successfully!
In reply to Stelios Tserkezis

by Thomas Robb -
My guess is that you have some of the quotation marks missing or wrongly entered in your data.  Take a close look at them.  Also, make sure that they are the ascii "straight" quotation marks like 'these' and not the "curly" or "smart" ones like ‘these’ that are created by MS Word (which automatically converts them into the more attractive-looking curly type).
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Thomas Robb

by Stelios Tserkezis -
But i didnt do anything to the zip i downloaded. I just unzipped it and upload it to the normal mod folder...

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Stelios,
I am not quite sure which zip file you are using and which version of MySQL. Please send me the mysql.sql file from the presentation/db folder, I will look through it.
Best,
Karen

by Stelios Tserkezis -
Dear friend , i used this..

Use this link to download it. http://moodle.org/file.php/5/moddata/forum/27/225519/Presentation_Pack_19.06.06.zip
You will need to delete tables already created in the database.

I m totaly new to this... sorry for the trouble..

by tm tm -

hi

when running the script for migration to UTF-8, it says thier is no migration script in presentation module?????

by Alex May -
I discovered the Presentation Module this past weekend and would like to use it.

I have installed Moodle and have some students enrolled. Moodle seems to be working.

When I tried to install the Presentation Module, I received several error messages.

After reading through this forum, I downloaded the newest set of files I could find. They were from July 06. I got new messages about tables already existing. I used phpMyAdmin to drop the tables. Then, I still had a message about a duplicate key.

I noticed that the most recent post here is almost six months old.

Are people still installing and using this module?

Should I pursue a solution here or is there another forum?

I can provide details of the messages if this is still an active module.

Thank you,

Alex

In reply to Alex May

Svar: Re: Help Wanted

by Leffe Eriksson -
Hello everybody!!
Just discovered this module and I have recently installed it with success on our 1.6.5 version...although, it didnt work!

Blank/White page at /mod/presentation/init_presentation.php...so I just wonder what is wrong ??

by Cristi A. -
I receive some errors sad

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('presentation', 'add', 'presentation', 'name')
1136: Column count doesn't match value count at row 1

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('presentation', 'update', 'presentation', 'name')

(mysql): INSERT INTO mdl_log_display VALUES ('presentation', 'view', 'presentation', 'name')

In reply to Cristi A.

Re:column count doesn't match value count at row 1

by Sandra Combs -
I am getting the same errors using Moodle 1.7.1 Is there any solution?
In reply to Sandra Combs

by Sandra Combs -
I have the solution. In presentation/db, edit the file mysql.sql to add a null parameter in the SQL calls INSERT INTO where 'presentation' is the first parameter:
INSERT INTO prefix_log_display VALUES ('','presentation', 'add', 'presentation', 'name');
INSERT INTO prefix_log_display VALUES ('','presentation', 'update', 'presentation', 'name');
INSERT INTO prefix_log_display VALUES ('','presentation', 'view', 'presentation', 'name');

The null parameter is for the id, which although it is auto-created, needs to be given a place here in the list of VALUES.

Be sure to drop all mdl_presentation tables and to delete any table rows pertaining to the presentation module in mdl_log_display table before you re-install. This did fix the problem for me and I now have the module running under Moodle 1.7.1
In reply to Sandra Combs

by leo lepi -
Helo guys, nice mod but does it works in moodle 1.9? I tried it but when i want to create 1st slide it's just blank page...
In reply to leo lepi

Using the presentation module with 1.9

by Terry Longworth -

Works with 1.9 but I now have the problem of "The website cannot display the page"

"This error (HTTP 500 Internal Server Error) means that the website you are visiting had a server problem which prevented the webpage from displaying.

For more information about HTTP errors, see Help."

with an address of : ourserver/moodle/mod/presentation/init_presentation.php

Any ideas?

Presentation Module

by leena gour -
hello Karen Stepanyan
i got info about presentation module from ur guide (Dr. rajendra). Good it is, that u have worked on it.
i have downloaded it from this forum only and installed with moodle 1.8.3/php4.0 ....
but it is not working giving error
"Module "presentation" is not readable - check permissions" AND
"Module presentation: /var/www/moodle/mod/presentation/version.php was not readable".

I think this may be related with version, even i didnot get any direction to install, therefore i have used direction available in ur project report. Please help me in this reference , actually i am new to moodle also.

Thanks & regards

In reply to leena gour

by Karen Stepanyan -
Hi Leena,

I am sorry for the late response. I noticed this message today...

Unfortunately the Presentation module was created for the version 1.5 and modified later on for the version of 1.6 only. I have not worked on this after that. However, I can provide as much support as possible if you would like to liven this project up.

Best,
Karen

Hi, I´m a spanish maths theacher and have downloaded presentation from this forum and installed with moodle 1.8.3. , it is working well but I have some problems with the accent " ´ " in words like "ángulo", becouse it don´t appear and other symbols appear instead.
Could you help me?

by michel moriceau -
Hi Karen,
Do you think it is reasonable to install the presentation module with Moodle 1.9.7+ ?
Thanks in advance.
Michel
Average of ratings: Useful (1)

by George Reinhardt -

Karen,

Can you tell me what release of Moodle I need to have installed in order to use the presentation module?

I am at 1.6.9 but I am reluctant to install the presentation module and I can't find anything in the install documents that indicate what release I need to have.

Thanks in advance.

by jai sankar -

Hi,

Is this module available for Moodle 2.1. Please provide the link for download

Thanks

Jai

by Kathir Rajaraman -

Hi Karen

I need presentation module for moodle 2.8 or moodle 2.9 version.

I am search in moodle site did not get in your module. So please provide to me presentation module or link also provide . I have provide my email id also kathir04on@gmail.com. 

Thanks & Regards

Kathir R

In reply to Kathir Rajaraman

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Kathir, This appears to be a plugin for Moodle version 1.x and as such does not seem to have been updated or developed for Moodle2. In fact from the thread, Karen hasn't worked on this plugin since Moodle 1.6 and is no longer active on the forum.

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Kathir Rajaraman -

HI Richard,

OMGsad 

Thanks for your reply. If u have any reference to any other module in same as "Presentation module" please tell me 

Regards

Kathir R 

In reply to Kathir Rajaraman

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

To be honest, I would just use the book resource.

Create each slide as a separate page of the book and you can flick through using the navigation either from the index or the forward and back buttons