Links are present, but the descriptions are not displayed in pop up window.

Links are present, but the descriptions are not displayed in pop up window.

by Elizabeth Lewis -
Number of replies: 5

There seems to be a problem with our glossary module --which is actually being replicated for me on this site.  Auto-linking is linking terms, but the pop-up window does not contain any information (although the word and the correlating information is viewable in the glossary).  Examples of terms that are not working for me on this site: words, Internet Explorer, upload image, ftp files, auto-linking.

Words that DO work: URL, CVS, upload, server, IE.

Glossary module brings me to the glossary module forum.

In my own site, some linked words are working and some are not--within the same glossary.  Does anyone have any ideas?  We are using IE 6.0, but have the same problem using Firefox.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Elizabeth Lewis

Re: Links are present, but the descriptions are not displayed in pop up window.

by Matt Molloy -

I'm having exactly the same problem. It does not happen with single words, but if I have two words, such as "crown wheel", the link appears, but when clicked on, the explanation does not appear in the window, even though it is in the glossary. As a workaround, I have noticed that if I put a single word as the entry, say "crown" and put the term "crown wheel" in as a keyword, the autolinking will pick up on the two word phrase and the explanation displays as normal in the pop up window. The problem seems to be when there is more than one word in the entry.

The same thing is happening here: check the phrase internet explorer. This is happening in both IE and Firefox.

In reply to Matt Molloy

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

This seems to be quite a recent problem. I thought it arose with global glossary entries, however I haven't tested things exhaustively.

I've added it to the bug tracker - bug 4543.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

thanks for the report and, specially, for the bug. It seems that recent code was being too much restrictive with the type of concepts allowed.

I've changed it both in 1.5.3+ and 1.6dev and should be available in next daily releases. Also, you can try to solve it yourself. Just take a look to Bug 4543 for more info about what to change.

Feedback will be welcome! Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Thanks Eloy - you're a star! approve
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Matt Molloy -

Magic! and great that you gave the information on how to solve the problem for yourself. Thank you.