Display current week only?

Re: Display current week only?

by Timothy Takemoto -
Number of replies: 0

Spoken as a true constructivist, Martin

I seem to be on some sort of anti-constructivist crusade. Not! I would like to be a constructivist, I am a constructivist, but this week -- "I tried to do the quizes but they would not open," "I clicked on them but I could not get in" etc.

It is apparent that some of the students (of the 150 or so that I have) are trying to do quizes for classes in other weeks. They would rather guess at all the quizes and be done with it in the first week, and get back to doing their part time jobs and clubs activities, since that is what Japanese Universities are (were?) about. I try to be as constructivist as I can. But I also have an employer (that Japanese state) that tells me to ensure that my students to homework. Tertiary education has become schooling and schooling should be as constructivist as possible but it will usually be part brutality. Your software is very helpful for allowing me to brutalise my students. But perhaps it is what they want. And anyway, it gives me more time to be constructivist.  

For some, any excuse to get out of doing it and they will. So, the ability to be dummy/excuse proof is good.

Also there is a slighly irking way that php pages, or moodle php pages, return to the previous page. If I click a link in a normal html page and then return to the previous page, the browser will scroll down to were I clicked the link. With moodle however, I am bounced to the top of the page, such that if I click a link in week five, and return to the course, I am left facing week one. This means that even me the teacher has been confused as to why I can't enter a quiz.

But all this whining and no action. As a suggestion to  Matt, you might consider changing the stylesheet styles.php in your selected theme. (moodle/themes/yourtheme/styles.php)

To make the border of the current week more obvious use - I think I will do this.

.weeklyoutlinesidehighlight {background-color: pink;
}

you could also change the text colour, or whatever, of this week using.

weeklyoutlinecontenthighlight { color:red;
}

And to make the other weeks' content disappear (but not concatenate) use

.weeklyoutlinecontent { visibility:hidden;
}

Which looks somethign like this.

invisible.jpg

This is the first time I have seen glossary workign on the work activities above. I want it! Time to update moodle.