Some images/links fail in SCORMs uploaded from the "exchange"

Some images/links fail in SCORMs uploaded from the "exchange"

by Dan Stowell -
Number of replies: 2
Hi - I've loaded some of the SCORMs from moodle.org's public repository into our Moodle server, and they don't seem to be working perfectly.

The issues seem similar to those in this thread

We're using Moodle 1.5 (stable CVS version) on Linux/Apache1/MySQL. Slasharguments is set to "file.php/pic.jpg" and normally works fine.

The example SCORMs I've tried are:
  • Articulate Quizmaker Fruit Quizzes 3 - I get an error message about being "unable to find a SCORM API" and that the lesson will not be logged. Then a screen which looks like a presentation is about to be displayed ("powered by articulate quizmaker") but nothing happens.
  • XML in action - images fail to display, whether in context or in Moodle's file-browser. Also, the "Parts" fail to nest correctly - Moodle displays part 2 as a subset of part 1, part 3 as a subset of part 2, etc. Is this because the package is Microsoft LRN rather than "proper" SCORM?
  • Faceism - A new window pops up but with nothing in it. If I right-click it says "Movie not loaded | About Macromedia Flash Player 7".
  • Innocence and Experience - links and CSS work fine, but images don't display. I located the images in Moodle's file-browser and they fail to display that way too. Some problem with the way images are being unzipped into the filestore?
Actually these last two aren't in the "exchange" - I must have got them from somewhere else.

It seems to me that binary files (as opposed to ASCII files) such as images or Flash movies are being mangled somehow in the unzipping process. Is this a known issue, and is there a way to fix this?

Thanks
Dan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Dan Stowell

Re: Some images/links fail in SCORMs uploaded from the "exchange"

by Dan Stowell -
Update: This problem is not specific to SCORMs, as I've discovered. It seems to be mangling all binary files (images, movies, flash files, java applets) while rendering text files (HTML, plain text, SCORM XML) fine.

Sorry for posting this in the SCORM forum then. Not sure where it should go.
In reply to Dan Stowell

Re: Some images/links fail in SCORMs uploaded from the "exchange"

by Dan Stowell -
...and we've traced the cause of the problem. The config.php file had a trailing newline character at the end of the file! Sorry for bothering everyone!