The Netpublish module

The Netpublish module

by Sigurdur Jonsson -
Number of replies: 86
Hi Janne!

I´m very interested in trying out your Netpublish module with my class at the University of teaching in Iceland next autum. I'm wondering if the module is ready for production server as it is and also if you will keep on maintaining it? I'm using the current version of Moodle 1.5.

regards,
S.Fjalar

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Sigurdur Jonsson

Re: The Netpublish module

by Karrie V -

what does this module do?  Is there a demo site somewhere???

Thanks!

Karrie

In reply to Karrie V

by Art Lader -

Hi, Karrie,

It is a module which allows you to moderate articles that students have submitted. You can accept the articles for publication or you can hold them for editing.

Great for a student zine.

-- Art

In reply to Art Lader

by Karrie V -

Sounds great! Is there a site where I can test this? I currently use the glossary for my students to post their work - how does this differ?

In reply to Karrie V

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Hi Janne,

Would it be possible to create a permissions setting that allows users to view articles without having to log in. I guess you could have autologin for guests setup--I'm not sure, I've never used this feature, but if you didn't it would be nice to be able to put a "paper" on the site home page and have anyone be able to read the articles without having to login as a guest.
In reply to Chardelle Busch

by Janne Mikkonen -
You need outpublish for this http://julmajanne.com/stuff/outpublish.zip

This enables you to publish the whole zine to out side of Moodle. You unpack it under your $CFG->dirroot which creates a "netpublish" dir under it. Now you should have new link in your netpublish module's action links that enables you to publish your current instance of netpublish.

Published netpublishes can then be viewed without login at location http://<yoursite>/netpublish/

- Janne -
In reply to Janne Mikkonen

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Hello Jane, just tested your module, very neat and usefull!

Since I'm going to use it in a Moodle site, I've translated in Italian the language string file. It is attached to this post.

There is a thing still not clear to me, "Time locking": can you help me understanding this feature, so i can also create help files?

Many thanks

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Janne Mikkonen -
Thanks Andrea, thats great big grin

Time locking: Since you can apply permissions to modify the article to several students, time locking is a tool that you can use to prevent overlapping changes. For example:

User1 creates a new article and gives user2 and user3 permissions to modify that article. Now user2 opens the article for editing and user3 tries to open it as well for editing, but user3 gets an notice that article is locked for editing by user2.

This way user3 has to wait until user2 has saved his changes (which unlocks the article) and now user3 also see the changes user2 made. If time locking is not used user2 and user3 can open the article for editing at the same time (or very close together), and if user3 saves his changes first, all these changes will dissapear after user2 saves his changes.

Did this make it any clearer (It's sometimes hard to explain something with non-native language).

- Janne -

ps. Italian language file is now included in.

by Andrea Bicciolo -

Thank you Janne,, now t is much clearer. Attached an updted version of the netpublish string file where the "Lock time" has been more correctly translated now.

I'll write the help file in Italian, and also in english if you want.

Some things I noticed:

• while in Firefox is all ok, In IE+Win XP the Create new Netpublish page shows all contents centered.
  • netpublish/confirm.php: there should stil be a 1.4 style definition here: the confirm box apperas with green <TD> #22FF22 background when displayed, so overriding the .generalboxcontent class.

In reply to Andrea Bicciolo

by Janne Mikkonen -
I'd be really appreciated if you could take care of help files in english also approve

by Chardelle Busch -
Picture of Core developers
Okay Janne,

I just tried the outpublish--you are always a step ahead of mewide eyes. I'm a trifle confused, though. Just to be clear, it appears that I must have an instance of the netpublish as a module somewhere first, then visitors can view that module instance from "mysite"/netpublish. Is that correct?  So, for example, I would have to have the netpublish articles in a course somewhere, then add a link to the site front page to, e.g., ...mysite.com/netpublish/view.php?id=65&section=0

Thx,
Chardelle

by Janne Mikkonen -
Yes you are correct. Outpublish is just a "outside" interface for netpublish instances. And the linking part, correct again since there aren't any other way beside direct url at the moment (a block of published netpublishes would be cool).

- Janne -

Re: The Netpublish module--OUTPUBLISH REVISITED

by Bhupinder Singh -

Janne,

Hope this does not sound to trivial.

I am confused a little bit on how to implement Outpublish.

Can you lead me to a link or advise how to outpublish.

Thanks for the bother.

Garry

In reply to Bhupinder Singh

by Janne Mikkonen -
Outpublish goes into same directorylevel that blocks, message, theme, lib etc. Once it's there you should find new link in your netpublish module saying something like "Outpublish this ..." ( can't remember exact words ).

This enables you to see you publications in url http://your.site.dom/netpublish/

( Sorry I don't have any URL where you could see it your self ).

by Andy Hawkins -

Thanks for this module (and outpublish) - just started using for real - looks really useful.

A note for others - the outpublish folder at 'themes'  folder level needs to be (re)named netpublish. Took a minute or so to work that out. (unless we have it wrong - but it seems to work that way)

Andy

In reply to Andy Hawkins

by Andy Hawkins -

Please ignore my previous 'note for others'.

What I meant to say was that the netpublish folder inside the downloaded outpublish folder needs to be at 'themes' folder level.

Sorry for any confusion.blush

Our understanding is that you end up with 2 netpublish folders - one at root/'themes' level, and one inside the mod folder (the main netpublish module) - not to be mixed up.

Andy

by Andreu Martí -
Janne,
We are going to include Netpublish in our next uptade of Moodle.
We are to add two new languages: Catalan and Spanish.
Once we got the new lang files would you add them to the module?

cheers,
Andreu.-

by Deb Greaney -

I have installed the module on our server running Moodle 1.7.  I cannot as a teacher or student see any added articles.  Is there a "how to" guide for this module?  I cannot figure out what I am doing wrong.  Thanks.

Netpublish only displays 2 sections

by Bertie Robinson -
Hi Janne,
I'm really enjoying learning how to use this module. I'm having a small problem and I hope you can help. At the moment Netpublish is only allowing me to display two sections at a time. I can create any amount of sections (even with duplicate names) and move articles into them but it only ever displays two sections: the first one and the one I created last.

Any ideas?
(Incidentally, I'm running Moodle version 1.8.6.)

Bert
In reply to Karrie V

Re: The Netpublish module - visual quick start

by Art Lader -
Here is a draft of a netpublish quick start I am writing for my students. Please feel free to take it and improve it for your site. It is too big to upload here, so I just linked to it. Eventually, I will try to rework this for Moodle docs, but it is just too rough right now.

Thank you for this terrific mod, Janne!

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Ulrike Montgomery -

Art,

Thanks a lot for the instructions. I can really use them to teach my students how to use netpublish so they can also write articles when you are over here and later when they are in US. I think we'll get quite a collection of interesting stories.

Ulrike smile

In reply to Ulrike Montgomery

by Art Lader -
I am way ahead of you, Kiddo! Look here.

Great minds think alike, no? wink

-- Art
In reply to Art Lader

by Janne Mikkonen -
Thanks Art,

Hopefully you don't mind if some parts of this quick start guide will appear in Netpublish's help files ( if the doc is gpl compatible )?

- Janne -

by Art Lader -
Janne,

Of course! Please add, edit delete and use as you wish!

-- Art

by Allen Garcie -

Hi Janne,

Is there any way to "unpublish" newsletters that you no longer what people to view?

Thanks,

Allen

Svar: The Netpublish module

by Anders Berggren -
Fjalar!?!
Like the Jotunheimen rooster?
Like Runeberg's king?
Or Fjalar like in Fjalar and Galar?
Sorry, just couldn't resist it leende
BTW I have no problem with
Netpublish in 1.5.
In reply to Anders Berggren

Re: Svar: The Netpublish module

by Sigurdur Jonsson -
That's me alright!wink One of few Fjalar's here in Iceland.
Good to know the module works in 1.5.

by Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Sigurdur.

Am I going to maintain it: Yes, the plan is to start working on it at this week again. I'm trying to get those missing features coded in at the end of June (hopefully).

• Logic for article status. It should be reduced when articles status is changed eg. If article is changed from "draft" to "first edit", you should not be able to change it back to draft again.
  • Have some meaning for "assigned to" choice. Assigned articles should be shown first in pending articles (there should also be column to indicate to whom this article was assigned to).
  • Grading.
  • Backup/Restore.
  • bug fixes wink
The netpublish module currently supports only 1.5 version (although it works in older versions with little changes).

I'm still not completely happy about "image bank", and I hope that someday there will be great DMS tool and roles in Moodle that takes care all of that what image bank do now.

What I also like to do is change the module so that it would use Jon's pagelib and thus enabling block content in view page (then you could choose where sections and article blocks are located).

So simple answer to your question "is the module ready for production server as it is" is yes and no. If you don't need features mentioned above then yes, otherwise no.

Ideas and suggestions are always appreciated.

Cheers,
Janne

by Sigurdur Jonsson -
Great news, just what I was hoping to hear. I'll let you know how things go when I start to use the module with my students.

regards,
S.Fjalar

by L. Vandijck -
I've been "playing around" with your module, in order to see what it can do for me. And I'm quite pleasantly surprised by it.
Unfortunateley I seem to be having a problem with adding images to an article Whether I choose one from the image bank or upload one, its is never visible when the netpublish is "published outside Moodle", although it is clearly there while working within Moodle (and Netpublish) itself. In Firefox I get the "alternate text" attached to the image; in IE the red cross that indicates the image cannot be loaded/shown.
Before putting the new version (1.5.2) of the Moodle site online, all this happens on a stand alone Windows/EasyPHP configuration.
May the latter be the cause of this abnormal behaviour?
May it be me, doing something wrong?
Any help with this nice interactive tool greatly appreciated.
In reply to L. Vandijck

by L. Vandijck -
Although I'm still struggling with the image issue mentioned above (that is: no images showing in "outpublish" mode), I'm strongly planning to use this module. Therefore I had to translate the text strings into Dutch: the Dutch language file is attached to this post, if you should wish to include it with your module.
In reply to L. Vandijck

by Janne Mikkonen -
Thanks for reporting I'll check it asap (and add that Dutch language file). Hopefully I'll get it done by the weekend.

- Janne -
In reply to L. Vandijck

by Janne Mikkonen -
I've updated the outpublish plugin (http://julmajanne.com/stuff/downloads.php). Try if it fixes the problem.

I'll try to get that dutch language file into netpublish at next weekend.

- Janne -

by L. Vandijck -
Hello Janne,
the updated version of outpublish works like a dream! Thank for this nice addition to Moodle.
Leo

P.S. I've added a new version of the Dutch language file with a few minor changes.
In reply to L. Vandijck

by Janne Mikkonen -

Updated netpublish package available at (http://julmajanne.com/stuff/downloads.php)

• Added Dutch language file.
  • Simple grading.

- Janne -

by L. Vandijck -
As you know I'm very interested in using your netpublish with my pupils (coming term). But I noticed that moving an article doesn't function at all (neither inside the same section, nor between sections). Apparently articles are always listed in chronological order (with last one on top), which makes structuring the resulting publication rather awkward.
Is this a known bug?
regards,

Leo
In reply to L. Vandijck

by Janne Mikkonen -
Yes it is and it'll be fixed hopefully by/or next weekend.

by L. Vandijck -
Great! And thanks for your swift response.

And to think that one of the big prejudices among my peers and superiors I had/have to fight in order to convince them of the advantages of open source software is that they "have serious doubts" about help and support I would be getting from these "amateurs" as opposed to the "professional software developers"...
Maybe they don't know that the word amateur itself is actually derived from the Latin word for "love". And they forget what people do out of love...

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to L. Vandijck

by Janne Mikkonen -
Seems like I had a very long week wink

Sorting and moving should be fixed now...
(http://julmajanne.com/stuff/downloads.php)

- Janne -

by L. Vandijck -
Hi Janne,
thanks for the modifications: moving the articles indeed works as expected.
However, I keep having problems with displaying images: after "publishing" the netpublication I see the reference to it (in FF) or the alternative text (in IE) but not the image itself. I'll do some more testing into this matter.
Regards,
Leo
In reply to L. Vandijck

by Janne Mikkonen -
Do you mean publish "outside" of moodle?

- Janne -

by L. Vandijck -
Yes, sorry for not being explicit enough: I did mean publishing it so it is available for unregistered users, logging in to \my moodle\netpublish.

In the mean time I've been trying all sorts of things, and suddenly I noticed I did not have the latest version of the "outpublish" add on any more: the file view.php was from May 2005. After replacing it with the version of 20/07/2005 everything is just perfect. I must at some point have mixed up the different versions of the different modules.blush
So, thanks again for this very interesting activity, and for your marvellous support.

Regards,
Leo

by Sean S -
I just downloaded and installed the version dated august 9, 2005 from this url: http://julmajanne.com/stuff/downloads.php

The install went really smoothly but when I clicked on the help icon help I get the following message:
Help file "editlocktime.html" could not be found!

I checked the zip and the file seems to be missing.

In reply to Sean S

by Sean S -
Still hoping for an answer to the above posted question.
In reply to Sean S

by Janne Mikkonen -
Yes, there is a short supply of help files. Practically none. I'll have to find time to do those files.

Sorry sad

by Ger Tielemans -
Janne,

do you have a version fo CMS that runs in a course or is that netpublish? blush
In reply to Ger Tielemans

by Janne Mikkonen -
The latest version of CMS also runs in course.

- Janne -

by Ger Tielemans -
I studied the CMS and must say that I ALSO like the CMS as course format!!
  • you can setup a documentation course with many cms-boxes,
  • every box is starting with a different menu and its own set of pages and subpages.
Nice, Janne!!

by N Hansen -
Can you explain what the status count is? And why do you limit the image size by its dimensions, why not by file size? And does the course upload size limit also apply to the images uploaded? And why are there two different buttons in the html editor for adding images that look outwardly identical but are different internally? And why does the abstract get run directly into the body of the article itself without any space? And is it possible to not allow a student to include an abstract?

Also, the names of the authors should link to their profiles. Another suggestion is to make the sharing of editing tasks an option that teachers can offer, or not. Some may prefer that the articles are written by only one student.

I am very interested in using this module, if I can understand these issues.
In reply to N Hansen

by N Hansen -
I have found what appears to be a bug. If I create an article as one student, and give permission to another student to edit it, and then that second student edits it, when the first student comes back to edit it, it is shown under the "other articles" column, rather than "my articles."
In reply to N Hansen

by Janne Mikkonen -
Sorry Nicole for the delay of this answer, I've been busy lately (too busy sad).
  • Status count is trying to keep count of the statuses, so for example the document cannot be "draft" version forever.
  • Actually both are effective here, dimension and size (upload size).
  • Why there are two buttons: Not been able to get imagebank button to work in a way that it doesn't crash the whole editor. If you're using "outpublish" then all the images must be in imagebank (database). Otherwise login might be required.
  • "why does the abstract get..." I could say that it's a bug, but it's not necessarily so.
  • " is it possible to not allow a student to include an abstract?". Is this a feature request?
- Janne -

by Paul Nijbakker -

Hi all,

It seems that Netpublish works also in Moodle 1.6.1. (we do not use Df Wiki, so I cannot comment on their compatibility).

Rgrds,
Paul.

In reply to Paul Nijbakker

Language problem

by Peter Diedrichs -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers
For some reason the enclosed English (nor fi, it or nl) language pack does not work, I only get the labels like modulename.
On the other hand, the Swedish pack work just fine.

Structure's like this:

\moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\en
\moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\fi
\moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\it
\moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\lang_sv_netpublish
\moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\nl

I have tried changing to \moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\lang_en_netpublish and \moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\lang_en, no difference.

But when I change the Swedish folder to \moodle\mod\netpublish\lang\sv it still works.

I've changed the Moodle setting to default languish and course settings to "force" english, still don't work.
In reply to Peter Diedrichs

Re: Language problem

by Paul Nijbakker -

In moodle 1.6 the English language pack (en_utf8) is in moodle/lang, while all the other languages are in moodledata/lang. The Netpublish language files cannot be in the English language pack they have to be added to a copy of the en_utf8 language pack that is placed in moodledata/lang under the name en_utf8_local.

Rgrds,
Paul.

by Paul Nijbakker -

I would like to modify my previous statement: Netpublish works also in Moodle 1.6.1. with the exception of the HTML editor, which does not show up in the article summary or the article body. (However, the tool as such remains functional)

We eagerly await suggestions for a fix smile

Rgrds,
Paul.

Netpublish in 1.7 / 1.8?

by Art Lader -
Hi, Janne,

I am building a Netpublishing course around your Netpublish module. We are still using version 1.6.3, and it seems to be working fine. If we upgrade to 1.7 or 1.8, will it still work?

Thanks for this great mod, Janne. Frankly, I would not be willing to teach this class without it.

Regards
Art
In reply to Art Lader

Re: Netpublish in 1.7 / 1.8?

by Art Lader -
Hmmm... One little image bank problem. when I try to upload an image, I click on the submit button and the form keeps coming back, but no image is uploaded.

Like this.

Any ideas about how I can fix that?

Thanks,
Art

In reply to Art Lader

by lasse utti -
I have the same problem in my e-smith server !!!
I think that in Linux server apache/php/virtualhosts system are very tight in security. Something in filelib.php or uploadlib.php uses temporary uploadplace thats illegal against security.
When I use normal "insert picture" button everything is ok. So ... html-editor uploads picture to temporary-area thats legal .... picturebank-button does not use same method ( I think so ). Thats the problem.
The same problem I've found when I tried upload users from textfile. That procedure uses also file.lib and uploadlib.php.

I will write more when I find answer.

..lasse..

In reply to lasse utti

by Paul Nijbakker -
Hi Lasse,

Did you find any solution? There has not been an update of the module since the end of last year, so the problem with the upload of pictures via the image bank persists.

Will this be solved for the 1.7 version? I hope so.

Rgrds,
Paul.

by Paul Nijbakker -
I tried it out in a test set up of Moodle 1.7.2 but it has the same problem.

Rgrds,
Paul.
In reply to Art Lader

by Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Art,

It could work but there's no guarantee thoughtful. Hopefully I have version for 1.7 and up at the end of this month (I'm facing some motivation problems, maybe I'm just too tired and need some time off mixed). I just need to figure out how I'll intergrate new ImageGallery module as the main imagebank for Netpublish, so that old images won't be completely dismissed.

- Janne -

by Art Lader -
Hi, Janne,

Thank for that response. I am still not using 1.7, so it was just for future reference.

Thank for all the time and effort you have oput into this and to the CMS mod. I love them both!

Best regards,
Art

by mike sebolt -

I have Netpublish installed using Moodle 1.7

It all looks ok until I try to add an article. Then I get: "This SQL relies on obsolete tables! Your code must be fixed by a developer."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

In reply to Art Lader

by Peter Ruthven-Stuart -
Picture of Plugin developers
Hello,

I am very interested in using Netpublish for a staff created Course Guide on a moodle 1.7 platform, so I had the same question as Art Lader re compatibility with moodle 1.7.

I have just tried to use Netpublish (modified: 2006-03-26 21:41:11) on a 1.7dev moodle system; unfortunately it didn't work. The installation was fine, and even when I came to add a Netbpublish activity it seemed to work OK. However, when I clicked on the [Add new article link]. I got the following database error message:

Netpublish SQL error message in moodle 1.7dev
I do hope this can be fixed, since it does appear to be a great module.

system info:
  • Moodle 1.7dev.
  • MySQL 5.0.24
  • php 5.1.6
Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Peter Ruthven-Stuart

by pierre black -
I am getting exactly the same problem with

Moodle 1.7
php 4.4.4
In reply to pierre black

by Andreu Martí -
Hi!
Somebody can explain me whta does the parameter "statuscount" means??
I've been testing but I can't see what it does.

Thanks.
Andreu.-

Svar: The Netpublish module - dfwiki led to problems

by Anders Berggren -
Hi,
I installed the new dfwiki module and then this turned up
on the admin page and on "recent activities":

"Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument
passed by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the
declaration of [runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time
pass-by-reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your
INI file. However, future versions may not support this any longer. in
c:\easyphp\www\moodle\mod\netpublish\lib.php on line 268

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed
by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of
[runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-
reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.
However, future versions may not support this any longer. in
c:\easyphp\www\moodle\mod\netpublish\lib.php on line 338

Warning: Call-time pass-by-reference has been deprecated - argument passed
by value; If you would like to pass it by reference, modify the declaration of
[runtime function name](). If you would like to enable call-time pass-by-
reference, you can set allow_call_time_pass_reference to true in your INI file.
However, future versions may not support this any longer. in
c:\easyphp\www\moodle\mod\netpublish\lib.php on line 368"
tankfull

Re: The Netpublish module-blank outpublish tab

by Roel Cantada -

In version 2007041904 of netpublish, the outpublish.php appears to have a missing closing parenthesis ")" in line 37.  This causes the outpublish tab to appear blank.

Quick fix is insert the missing parenthesis like so:

if ( !has_capability('mod/netpublish:outpublish', $context) ) {
        error(get_string('errorpermissionoutpublish','netpublish',
        $CFG->wwwroot .'/mod/netpublish/view.php?id=' . $cm->id));
    }

Hope this has already been resolved in newer versions.

Roel

by Antonius Dilly -
I have installed modul netpublish 1.7. My moodle is 1.8. I've found this things...
a. In my installation only admin can create content, other users can't create it.
b. Section FRONTPAGE cannot be deleted or edited.
c. I tried to add new section. first section I added was successful. But
when i added second section, failed coz i pointed the section to frontpage.
It worked when i pointed section to the first section i made.
Can You explain this to me? Is there any solutions for this problems?
Really need help...

Regards,

In reply to Antonius Dilly

by Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Antonius,

Thanks for pointing these out. I'm currently working on these. Hopefully I'll get them fixed before weekend ( meaning friday night and one minute before midnight wink)...

by Alex Smith -
Hello,

I am still encountering terrible difficulty installing this module. Aren't all modules supposed to reside in the moodle/mod/ directory? I've found that this isn't as explicit in this discussion topic as it should be. Is this actually where this module is intended for the install? Because it simply isn't working.

I'm using moodle v. 1.8.2
I have tried installing netpublish in 4 different ways:
  1. Unzipping netpublish_1.8-dev.zip to the moodle/mod/ directory;
  2. Unzipping netpublish_1.8-dev.zip to the moodle/ directory;
  3. Unzipping netpublish_1.8-dev.zip to the moodle/mod/ directory with outpublish;
  4. Unzipping netpublish_1.8-dev.zip to the moodle/ directory with outpublish;
Thanks,
Alex
In reply to Alex Smith

by Alex Smith -
Alright, I think I may have figured out the answer to the above question. I tried them again, and I believe I succeeded with the install using method 1 from above. Is it necessary to install outpublish on top of Netpublish 1.8 (i.e. overwriting 5 files with the outpublish version) for its expanded functionality or is that included in the newer release?

I am very new to moodle and thus new to your module, Netpublish, as well. The module has always appeared in the Modules>Activities list. But are there supposed to be any links associated with moodle to access this module? Is the only way to access it to explicitly type the address http://<mysite>/mod/netpublish? I don't know how else to access this tool. And when I do, I get the message:

A required parameter (id) was missing

Help regarding this issue would be much appreciated.

Regards,
Alex
In reply to Alex Smith

by Janne Mikkonen -
Hi Alex,

/moodle/mod is the right directory to unzip the package. After that you'll have to visit /moodle/admin/index.php ( via admin blocks notifications link will take you there ).

Outpublish is not supposed to install over netpublish module. Outpublish is installed into moodle installation directory ( where you can also find directories like course, admin, lib etc ) not into mod directory.

Outpublish might not work with Moodle 1.8.x since last update for that plugin is over two years old.

- Janne -

by Alex Smith -
Thanks, Janne!

Visiting /moodle/admin/index.php will finish the setup? OK. It seems to me that it's installed. I just don't know how to access the tool within the moodle environment now. I'm logged in as the admin; however, it seems that the only mention of Netpublish is under Site Administration>Modules>Blocks... Where is there a link to your tool? How can I access this module and play around with it/test it?

Thanks again,
Alex
In reply to Alex Smith

Adding a article

by Erik Jansen -

I use the Netpublishing module for a week now and it works very good. On some computers (with IE 6) it is impossible to write a article because the text screen of the HTML editor is closed. (see picture). I can see the icons of the editor but the textblok to write the text is not visible.

When you use Mozilla the problem is none existing.

Is there a solution?

Attachment Netpublish.jpg
In reply to Erik Jansen

Re: Adding a article

by Paul Nijbakker -
Hi Erik,

We had that same problem with the editor in general, sometimes just reloading the page opened the window, otherwise you can use the Enlarge editor button (bottom row to the right) and write in the pop-up window.

Rgrds,
Paul.

Re: Adding a article

by Markus Garlichs -
Hello,

i like the Netpublish Module.. but i have a problem just after a transfer to a new Server with a moodle 1.9.2 Version. I can create only 2 sections.. not real.. more are possible but they don´t show on frontpage.. only two sections! Before the transfer was all ok.. no probs with netpublish/outpublish Modul.. what happend???

thanx

by Brandon Hentze -

Janne-

This is a great tool!  I am going to use it to have my students publish thier class notes for their peers to refer back to.  I am having problem with setting up the modle though. 

When I creaed a new Netpublish, I intended to add a section for each topic in the course.  I planned on adding a section as we progressed.  I was able to create the first section under the Frontpage, but when I went in to add a new section for the next unit; it does not allow me to add additional sections or to edit the existing ones.  It seems like they are "locked" even though I have checked the edit box?? 

Is there some reason that it would only allow me to add one section? 

Brandon

Belleville, IL

In reply to Brandon Hentze

by Rodolphe Borer -
Is there a version planned for moodle 1.9.?
In reply to Rodolphe Borer

by Greg Jeffrey -

I have just installed Net-publish to a test site - (WinXP-Moodle 1.9.7)  I really like it and would like to offer it to my teachers.  It seems to be doing the job pretty well so far but.... I do have a couple of hiccups.

When, as a Student, I try to upload images to the Image-Bank it opens a second, nested, up-loader area (attach), but I cannot actually upload images and when I use the WYSIWYG editor I can only add a web URL, but not upload images.
As an Admin (and Teacher?) I can use the WYSIWYG editor to upload images but not the Image-Bank.

When I go to Pending Articles and click on an item it 'Previews' full width which looks great but when I Publish I get 3 columns and my content is very narrow in the middle.  I see the need for navigation controls but if they could be perhaps above or below?  At least, if the "Articles in this section" column could be beneath the "Sections" that would leave a double column for data?

I just like this so much if we can iron out the glitches smile

Attachment upload.gif