Pop Up Window

Pop Up Window

by Patrick Brady -
Number of replies: 14

Just upgraded to 1.5 and found that the pop up option is gone for the scorm.

Is this a problem with my installation or is the function gone? I need a full screen pop up window for all my presentations any help would be appreciated.

sad

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Brady

Re: Pop Up Window

by Roberto Pinna -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi,
pop up option is gone for now.
Before Moodle 1.5 has been released I was working on a popup mode such as the HTML editor but I had not tested it so I disabled it.
Please wait for a while.

Cheers,
Bobo.
In reply to Roberto Pinna

by Felix Seeger -
Hi Bobo,

can I enable the feature myself as a woraround ? Just because we have some 1024x768 only trainings, this would be very helpful.

thanks
Felix
In reply to Felix Seeger

by Roberto Pinna -
Hi Felix,
can you give me your email address?

Bobo.

by Graham Ashman -

Hi Bobo

The lack of a pop-up window for Scorm learning objects make the interface inconsistent and if there is a workaround/patch I would appreciate being told.

Graham

In reply to Graham Ashman

by Roberto Pinna -
Hi Graham,
sorry but there isn't a workaround or a patch for pop-up window.
This feature is yet implemented in the current development release and will be released in Moodle 1.6.
Unfortunately the development release (Moodle 1.6 develop) may be quite unstable and full of bug.
About the scorm module there is a know problem with a other new feature that will support the use of the prerequisites scorm language script called AICC_script.
This feature can be disabled so the module became unusable.

You must wait for popup window.

Bobo.

by Marcus Hoberg -

Hi Roberto,

the SCORM pop up feature is absolutely important for us. All the SCORM packages we developed are in 800x600 px, and the navigation is in the bottom line. With embedded SCORM on a 1024x768 px screen, the navigation buttons are not visible without scrolling. This is nasty.mixed

Is there a way that we can get this feature for 1.5.x? Or: When will 1.6 be ready to use?

Best Regards,

Marcus

In reply to Marcus Hoberg

by Jens Mannteufel -

I absolutley agree with Marcus. Navigational elements currently take too much space and/or require a lot of scrolling which makes the course not very readable.

Having a SCORM pop-up is very important for us as well.

Cheers

Jens

In reply to Jens Mannteufel

by Ian Gaither -

I totally agree with those above. We are thinking of using moodle, but have developed our scorm courses for full screen viewing. Until we can do this, we're stuck with other products.

Ian

by brent simpson -
Supposedly you can make elements of the navigation tree not display by setting the isvisible attribute of the <item> element to false in your IMS manifest file. You might try tweaking this to make the navigation tree more usable, less cluttered, etc.

brent.

exelearning: authoring
In reply to Marcus Hoberg

by Eduardo Hernandez -

Hi Marcus,

A workaround would be a "launcher" page. So this dummy pages is set as your initial page for you SCO, and then this page opens a new window with your "real" content. I have tried it and it works, however I have been unable to check any cross platform/browser issue that may arise with this, but it works.

BTW, it would be great to see the "open in a new window" option back wink

Cheers,
Eduardo

In reply to Eduardo Hernandez

by Alison Wright -

Hi Eduardo,

I assume you mean a bit of javascript code to open a new window. Would this workaround mean that any SCORM tracking or scoring functionality is lost on Moodle though?

Does anyone know if this 'open in new window' will be re-emerging at some point.  It's a real shame that its gone.  The scrolling on large courses is really off-putting.

Ali

In reply to Patrick Brady

by Jens Mannteufel -

Any news regarding the pop-up window for a SCORM? This is really important for us. Will that be available again for sure in moodle 1.6?

Thanks

by Thomas Schmidt -
Hi all!
That there is no Pop Up Function anymore (temporarely?) is defenetly a show stopper for those who have installed the 1.5 Version. It seams to be a killer argument not to use the new version for all of us who need this feature. It seems to be a bigger Prob - it takes so long... (right?)

As we here have realized that the new Version hasnt this feature - we downgraded to 1.4.5. which is working without any problems.

Not a good solution at all - but it fits our needs so far...

Greets
Thomas
In reply to Thomas Schmidt

by Fernando Moreno -

Could it be possible to know when the new  Moodle release, with the popup feature for SCOs, will be available? Thank you,

Fernando