Force password change with flat file import?

Force password change with flat file import?

by Jens Gammelgaard -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Translators

How can the 'Force password change' feature in Moodle version 1.5 be used when you import your Moodlers with flat file (cvs).?

Thanks.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

Re: Force password change with flat file import?

by Mel Smith -
I woudl like to know this as well?
In reply to Mel Smith

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi,

You could try setting all passwords as "changeme". I think this worked in 1.5, though I could have remembered it wrongly. thoughtful
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mel Smith -

That does work however the users can still navigate to other courses using the breadcrumbs. I dont think that is very secure.

In reply to Mel Smith

by Peter Holgate -

Another annoying thing about the use of "changeme", is that (in 1.6.1) if an admin sets the force password flag on, and the password is "changeme" then the php script loops around the change password and view profile pages.

In reply to Peter Holgate

by Peter Holgate -

Found the problem, it had been decided that the pupils (secondary school) were not allowed to change their password - trust me, at these user levels it's not safe - and the code for bypassing this was placed at the wrong spot.

Now sorted out OK.

In reply to Jens Gammelgaard

by Iñaki Arenaza -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
As far as I know, this can't be done with 1.5.x (but you can with .6.x and up).

Saludos. Iñaki.