Weird issue in category background image in formal_white

Weird issue in category background image in formal_white

by Daniele Cordella -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

I saw a quite unpleasant problem with formal white and I wonder where am I supposed to look for the solution.

It is a couple of years I usually have Setting > Site Administration > Appearance > Themes > Theme settings > Theme designer mode = ON is spite of defaults.

I usually use formal_white as working theme and all is fine with it. Yesterday, for some not relevan reasons, I switched "Theme designer mode" to off.

Attached are two screen shot of my local Moodle home page with "Theme designer mode" ON and OFF.

Where, this strange issue in the category background image, may come from?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks in advance

Attachment weird.png
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Daniele Cordella

Re: Weird issue in category background image in formal_white

by suman bogati -

There may be another cause, because at my moodle site the same screen is coming along with 'theme designer mode off' and 'theme designer mode on' for formal white theme

In reply to suman bogati

by Daniele Cordella -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers

Ciao Suman and
thanks for your answer.

I opened MDL-32958 for this issue. You can find a fix in https://github.com/kordan/moodle/compare/master...MDL-32958_master

It would be great if you could test it in your local installation and provide a feedback.

In any case, thanks in advance.

In reply to Daniele Cordella

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

I tested a brand new version of Formal White in Moodle 2.3 and there is nothing wrong with it!

I am sure this is more to do with your Moodle site rather than your theme. However, you may have made a mistake in a CSS file which is breaking the code of that page making your page look strange. Perhaps you added a colon : instead of a semi-colon ; at the end of one of your CSS rules. I am finding that I do this more and more often. I just hit the wrong key.

Try Purging the CACHE with Theme Designer Mode OFF and then hit Ctrl + F5 to force a reload of page.

Hope this helps

Mary

In reply to suman bogati

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Suman,

Can you confirm that you have the same problem that Daniele describes?

Or do you see no difference at all?

This is important as I feel that Daniele has misunderstood what you are saying.

Thank you,

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by suman bogati -

Yes Mary... I have tested the things in moodle version 2.2.3 remotely and locally with designer mode ON and designer mode OFF, there is no any bugs as described by daniele, its running well on my moodle site.

I tested it into moodle version 2.0.4 locally also, but there's no any bugs, everything is fine at category on formal-white theme. It seems like there is other problem in daniel's moodle site.

In reply to suman bogati

by Mary Evans -

Thank you Suman, this is exactly what I get...everything is working correctly.

Like you say, it must be only Danieles Moodle site where the BUG is if it is a BUG.

I think it is his MAC computer which was showing some odd behaviour in another page.

Thanks for your help with this.

Mary