Stamp collection add-on:: Visual notification of pseudo-block of Stamps earned for Moodle 2.2

Stamp collection add-on:: Visual notification of pseudo-block of Stamps earned for Moodle 2.2

by Frankie Kam -
Number of replies: 3
Picture of Plugin developers

Hi. I'm pretty excited about this one.

For Moodle 2.2, I can now enable a pseudo-block that for the currently logged on user, a visually display of:

1. the number of stamps earned, 
  2. the stamp icons themselves and 
  3. the description of each stamp earned. 

The block is actually a html block with an iframe inside of it.

The image above shows the pseudo-block for Moodle 2.2. If you want the pseudo-block for Moodle 1.9, click here.
The code for Moodle 2.2 will be published real soon. Wait for it. 

Frankie Kam
Melaka, Malaysia 

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Frankie Kam

Re: Stamp collection add-on:: Visual notification of pseudo-block of Stamps earned for Moodle 2.2

by Mark Ward -

Hi Frankie

This looks great, the multiple stamp functionality and the course block make it exactly what a member of staff at my college has been asking for. Do you have any idea when these will be available and if they will be compatible with Moodle 2.2?

Keep up the good work!

In reply to Mark Ward

Re: Stamp collection add-on:: Visual notification of pseudo-block of Stamps earned for Moodle 2.2

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Mark

Well, I did test it under Moodle 2.2 and it worked fine. Will it be incorporated into Moodle 2.2 or Moodle 2.3? It's a third-party module by David Mudrak and I'm just a little elf tinkering away in Santa's workshop. 
So I wish it were but I don't know how to lobby for it to be integrated into
David's core code for the module. It's basically a fork of David's work and
will probably remain so for some time since David's got other commitments with Moodle 2.N (I think). Thanks for bringing this up. Maybe you can convince David to include the modifications into his github. wink

Frankie Kam

In reply to Mark Ward

by Frankie Kam -

Hi Mark!

If you are using moodle 2.x, then surf here to find out how to install the block for Moodle 2.x:

http://www.moodlenews.com/2012/motivating-students-through-badges-with-the-stamp-collection-module-moodle-2-2-x/

The code that I used on my Moodle 2.2 site was:

<iframe width="98%" height="120" frameborder="0"
src="http://moodurian.com/m2/mod/stampcoll/viewblock22.php?id=30">
</iframe>

Hope this helps
Frankie Kam