Hotpot and MS-SQL Server

Hotpot and MS-SQL Server

by Alex Gorin -
Number of replies: 5

Hello,

Our organization is currently using Microsoft SQL Server. However, the Hotpot module (that we need so desperately!) doesn't seem to work with this DBMS... The system says:

Debug info: Column 'm_user.id' is invalid in the select list because it is not contained in either an aggregate function or the GROUP BY clause.
SELECT COUNT(1), u.id AS userid, u.firstname, u.lastname, u.picture, u.imagealt, u.email FROM m_hotpot_attempts ha, m_user u WHERE hotpotid=? AND ha.userid=u.id
[array (
0 => '1',
)]

Stack trace:
  • line 394 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: dml_read_exception thrown
  • line 255 of /lib/dml/mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 711 of /lib/dml/mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->query_end()
  • line 740 of /lib/dml/mssql_native_moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->get_recordset_sql()
  • line 1297 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to mssql_native_moodle_database->get_records_sql()
  • line 1372 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_record_sql()
  • line 1543 of /lib/dml/moodle_database.php: call to moodle_database->get_field_sql()
  • line 1351 of /lib/tablelib.php: call to moodle_database->count_records_sql()
  • line 152 of /mod/hotpot/report/renderer.php: call to table_sql->query_db()
  • line 88 of /mod/hotpot/report/renderer.php: call to mod_hotpot_report_renderer->reportcontent()
  • line 93 of /mod/hotpot/report.php: call to mod_hotpot_report_renderer->render_report()

Is there any way out of this situation? ANY advice will be helpful. Thank you very much in advance!

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alex Gorin

Re: Hotpot and MS-SQL Server

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Hmm, last time I checked it was working on MS-SQL. I'll go back and have another look.
Gordon

In reply to Gordon Bateson

by Gordon Bateson -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Alex,

I have been able to duplicate the error message on a MSSQL site, and I have found a preliminary fix. I will test it out more tomorrow and let you know when I have confirmed its reliability.

Gordon

by Alex Gorin -

Gordon,

Thank you so much both for the module and for your support!

Alex

In reply to Alex Gorin

by Gordon Bateson -

Hi Alex,
thank you for your patience. I have fixed the HotPot module for Moodle 2.x and checked that it no longer produces that error.

Please download and install the new version when you have time, from one of the following locations:

Thanks again for reporting this issue approve

cheers
Gordon

by Alex Gorin -

Hi Gordon,

The module is now working just fine. I'm sure Hotpot is one of the best and most useful modules ever created for Moodle! Thank you very much!

cheers,

Alex