Flashcard module add-on: No images in flash card activity

Flashcard module add-on: No images in flash card activity

by Flosi Kristjánsson -
Number of replies: 4

The Flashcard module in our Moodle installation in Reykjavik works to the extent that the word pairs appear and you can click on the question to reveal the answer. But it is just a black word on a white background. Shouldn't there be an image?

On the setup page it says: "To customize this instance of flashcard, get the stylesheet beneath,  edit it and save it within the moddata/flashcard/<instance> directory in the course's files. If you use images as background, save them in the same place, and invoke them with their simple names"

There is a pix directory in the moddata/flashcard directory, containing just the images I expexted to see. Is there no stylesheet there to point to the images? Must I create a new stylesheet every time a Flashcard module is used?  Can I acquire "bulletproof" instructions somewhere on how to use the Flashcard module for Moodle 2?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Flosi Kristjánsson

Re: Flashcard module add-on: No images in flash card activity

by Tomasz Muras -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Translators

Hello,

I have just released new version of the flashcard module that will allow use of any HTML for question and answer. This means that you can put any image into the card. Please give it a try and report any bugs!

This method:
"To customize this instance of flashcard, get the stylesheet beneath,  edit it and save it within the moddata/flashcard/<instance> directory in the course's files. If you use images as background, save them in the same place, and invoke them with their simple names"
does not work since moving to Moodle 2. Any help in improving the documentation on http://docs.moodle.org/23/en/Flashcard_module would be much appreciated.

cheers,
Tomek

In reply to Tomasz Muras

by Tzvi Daum -

Hi Thomasz,

Thank you for all your work as this really is a great module. I upgraded yesterday to Moodle 2.3 and Flashcards worked fine..however when I upgraded to your latest module today I got an error an Internal Server Error.

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

Please contact the server administrator, and inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might have done that may have caused the error.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

I went back to the previous version of the Flashcard module and everything was fine.

Tzvi

In reply to Tzvi Daum

by Tomasz Muras -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Translators

Hi Tzvi,

I would be very interested to see the error message from the error log on your server. The module should not break the server in such a way, even if there is a bug there.

Tomek