Moodle 2.1 - Adding logo to every page in Arialist Theme

Moodle 2.1 - Adding logo to every page in Arialist Theme

by Linden Taggart -
Number of replies: 13

Hi folks

I've added a logo to the front page of my moodle site, however I want the logo to be displayed on every page. Is their a setting that needs to be applied in order to do this?

Thanks

Linden

(Edited by Mary Evans - original submission Thursday, 15 December 2011, 01:35 PM)

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Linden Taggart

Re: Adding logo to every page

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

Which version of Moodle are you using, as this will make a difference to the solution that you need to get this to work.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Linden Taggart -

Hi Mary

The version is 2.1.2

Thanks

Linden

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi,

How did you add the Logo to the Frontpage?  Also which theme are you using?  Is it a CORE theme or a customised theme?

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Linden Taggart -

I just went into site admin>appearance>themes and select my theme then added in the logo.

I can see the logo on the home page before and after loggin in.

I'm using the Arialist theme. I have customised it slightly although all I've done is amend some of the css files, ie colour schemes.

Linden

by Mary Evans -

From memory the logo only displays on the front page as the site name is displayed in all the internal pages.

To add the logo to the other pages you need to add some PHP to the general theme.  I'll take a look and see what needs to be done to fix this.

Cheers

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Linden Taggart -

Thanks Mary.

Not a major issue but would be nice to have the logo displayed on all pages.

Hope it's not too much hassle! mixed

by Mary Evans -

It wasn't too dif to do...just hope it works! (see attached file) -> somewhere in this corner of the screen.

Will be funny it it dont!

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Mary Evans

by Linden Taggart -

Thank you Mary, I will test this whenever I get access again to the host account. I will let you know the results!

In reply to Mary Evans

by Frank Ralf -
You might also be able to add the logo as a background image to the site name using CSS, so no PHP modification needed.
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Linden Taggart -

Thanks Frank.

I will try this method before trying the other.

Unfortunately the site is hosted by someone else so it may be a while before I able to test this, however I guess I could also add this in the custom css section on the site?

Thanks

Linden

by Paul Raper -

Can I just ask if my understanding is correct here: in Moodle 1.9x, we changed the logo by placing the logo we wanted to replace the Moodle logo in the appropriate directory. So long as the size coresponded, that worked. Now with Moodle 2.x we have to write some php code to change the logo. Is that correct?

Paul

In reply to Paul Raper

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

That depends what theme you are using Paul.

Because Moodle 2 allows for different layout files to be used for different page types (and therefore has huge flexibility) some themes could have the logo on every page, some themes may have a large logo on the front page and a smaller logo on other pages, and some themes may only have the logo on the front page.

If the theme already has a logo on each page, then you can, as you say, simply replace the logo image file with a new one, purge all caches and its done.

The comments above about needing to add/change code are for a theme which does not already have the logo on each page and which can then be adapted to add the logo to each page if required.

HTH

Richard