Google Docs repository not showing files after upgrade to latest 2.1.1

Google Docs repository not showing files after upgrade to latest 2.1.1

by Rob Johnson -
Number of replies: 11

Hi,

I have two Moodle 2.1.1 installations that have been using the Google Docs repository since August without any problems.  After updating to the latest release last week (Build: 20110921), users see no docs in the file picker.  It worked just prior.  We also have SSO with a Google Apps for education account on one site, and that is working just fine.

Users are able to authenticate, but the file picker is empty after that.  Search and refresh do nothing.  Is anyone else having this problem?  I would appreciate any help offered.

Suse 11.4, php 5.3.5, mysql 5.1.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Rob Johnson

Re: Google Docs repository not showing files after upgrade to latest 2.1.1

by Zach Vander Veen -

I'll second this issue. Except that we're running Moodle 2.0.2. And there were no (known) changes to our Moodle installation. This stopped working around Friday as well (Sept 30).

We also use SSO with Google Apps for Education (and that's working fine). Users can authenticate - but no documents appear.

Perhaps Google made a change?

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Ashly Mellor -

We are having the same problem. We are running Moodle 2.1.1+ (Build: 20110817) and as of Septemeber 30th our students no longer can see any of their files.

Any help on this would be appriciated as this is how we run our entire school. 

Thanks!

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Christopher Murad -

I just tried to setup Google Docs repository today and I have noticed that this isn't showing files for me either.

I will do some more testing and open a Tracker issue if nessacary - If I do I will post back here with the link

Thanks

Chris

In reply to Christopher Murad

by Christopher Murad -

I have created the Moodle Tracker issue here

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-29661

Please vote / watch it

Thanks

Chris

In reply to Christopher Murad

by Rob Johnson -

I just voted.  It seems as though, contrary to my initial thinking, the update to the latest 2.1.1 is not what broke the repository.  Thank you to all that have posted to confirm the problem is more than just my sites.

Rob

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Rob Johnson -

A patch has been posted to the tracker item that fixes the GDocs repository.  Thank you to Dan Poltawski for the quick solution. smile

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Glenn Pillsbury -

Using 2.1.2 via a fresh MAMP install and the repository is still not appearing in the file picker.  Am I correct in understanding that others in this thread are able to see the Google Docs icon but do not actually see any files within it?  In my case I don't even see the Google Docs icon.

I've tried implementing the patch, to no avail.

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

by Rob Johnson -

The tracker item says it has just been integrated now.  I doubt the 2.1.2 you installed included the patched file.  I have attached a patched file that works on my sites.  Try it to see if that makes a difference.

In reply to Rob Johnson

by Ana Pérez -

Thank you VERY MUCH. I've been getting mad!

In reply to Glenn Pillsbury

by Rob Johnson -

I updated my sites to the latest 2.1.2+ yesterday.  The fix for the GDocs repository is included and working.  If you do not see the icon, perhaps you have not enabled the repository.