moodlEZ : The new Moodle mobile app for iPad

moodlEZ : The new Moodle mobile app for iPad

by Ali Ozgur -
Number of replies: 9

PragmaTouch team is pleased to announce that our new application moodlEZ (MoodleEasy) is submitted to the Apple AppStore and is waiting for approval. We hope our new app will be available for purchase on the AppStore within couple of days. So stay tuned.

If you want to learn more about moodlEZ please contac us.

Endless thanks goes from PragmaTouch team to Robert Kelley the Technology Manager/Computer Science Teacher from Mount Airy Bible Church & Christian Academiy for his great ideas and testing efforts.

Check out the screenshots 

Below is the Apple AppStore description  of moodlEZ

MoodlEZ (MoodleEasy) is a specialized Moodle web browser app with file upload support. MoodleEZ also supports file downloads from your Moodle site to your device.
MoodlEZ renders your Moodle site as is and provides you pop over hint when you hit a page which includes file uploads. MoodlEZ provides full support for Moodle 2.x modules and all roles (teacher, student and administrator) while we provide limited support to students for assignment, forums and glossary modules on Moodle 1.9.x.
Some highlights of MoodlEZ
- Browser your Moodle site as is
- Upload files
- Take photo or choose photo from album and upload
- Pick files from other apps (Dropbox, Box.NET, QuickOffice and all apps with Document Support) and upload
- Download files from any web site and upload to Moodle
- Downloads files from Moodle and send to other apps (Dropbox, Box.NET, QuickOffice and all apps with Document Support)
- Supports custom schemes (Mobicip Safe Browser and other browser with same functionality) and opens them with the registered app
- Multiple site support; define profiles and access all your moodle sites easily
- Remember address, username and password for multiple Moodle sites
- Login to your moodle site with just two tocuhes
Also do not forget to take a look at our mTouch and mTouch+ apps.
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ali Ozgur

Re: moodlEZ : The new Moodle mobile app for iPad

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Ali, seems cool/useful.  Two questions:

1. how much is the app (or is it free)

2. how, in your opinion, is the file upload process lacking/deficient on the iPad if you aren't using MoodlEZ?

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Ali Ozgur -

Thanks Joseph. 

1- The app will not be free, I'm sorry. As the vendor of other mobile apps for Moodle I know that Moodlers does not feel confortable with paying for an app which resides in the ecosystem of a free and open source software. But there is also a tradiditonal saying "We have to look after our kids". I wish our auxiliary incomes were enough to support a free mobile moodle app to all moodlers but this is not the case at least for the time being. So the app will be available on the AppStore, once it is approved, for 2.99 USD which is also the same price for our mTouch and mTouch+.

2- For example if you access a moodle assignment activity from a traditional iOS browser (Safari and others) and want to add files through Moodle's filepicker you will see that the "Choose a file" button found in the "Upload A File" view is disabled (this is an iOS limitation) and as a result you will not be able to upload files to Moodle from your iPad. If you use moodlEZ you will not need to use the Moodle's filepicker, you just navigate to the assignment activity page and moodlEZ will detect that and put an "Upload File" button in the toolbar. By tapping on this button you will be presented another popover view which will display a draft file manager and you will be able to add files (upload) to the assignment activity. Assignements  is just an example, moodlEZ supports all moodle activites having the filepicker and also all users with permissions to upload files is supported.    

In reply to Ali Ozgur

mtouch + and moodleez

by Andrew Dawson -

Sounds great

am in a quandry as a course creater and tutor which should I buy mtouch or moodlez?

How do they differ? Am I correct in assuming that MoodleEZ would be more useful for me as I am a creater of courses?

Andrew

In reply to Andrew Dawson

Re: mtouch + and moodleez

by Ali Ozgur -

Hi Andrew,

Thank you for your interest. mTouch+ supports only student scenarios and is focused on style and functionality. As a course creator and tutor you can not make use of mTouch+ to the full extent. moodlEZ on the other side is focused on safe browsing, file uploads and file downloads. As Joseph noted on his site Moodle seems ok on the iPads but because of iOS limitations file uploads and downloads are not possible. moodlEZ also supports all roles. I would advise you to use moodlEZ but it is a good idea to have mTouch (iPhone app) as well since the course created by you will be displayed on iPhones and it is a good idea to test how your course content looks in limited screen devices.

In reply to Ali Ozgur

by Ali Ozgur -

moodlEZ is available on the AppStore

Cover Art  

moodlEZ

PragmaTouch

Education

In reply to Ali Ozgur

by David Rogers -

I have just downloaded the App and will be testing it on my school's iPads. I am pleased to see that it includes Teacher roles and I hope it will allow fo multiple profiles in an iPad.

I was intersted to see that it was rated as violent and containing sexual images. I had to confirm that I was over 17 years of age.

Why was this restriction put in place? I intend this to be used by my students.

In reply to Ali Ozgur

by kathy chilvers -

You say you can pick files from Dropbox but I can't find that yet?  Is there a help site?

Thanks

In reply to kathy chilvers

by Carles Vila -

Hi,

I've just bought moodlEZ and it looks great. However, I can't upload files and as a teacher I have to upload content for my students. Could anybody help me, please?

Thank you