Echo360 EchoCenter / Moodle Integration

Echo360 EchoCenter / Moodle Integration

by Damyon Wiese -
Number of replies: 8

Echo360 has engaged NetSpot (http://www.netspot.com.au/) to create a new Moodle Plugin for EchoSystem v4.0. The new plugin will support Moodle 1.9.x and Moodle 2.x and will facilitate embedding the new "EchoCenter" feature as a block in a Moodle course. It will support seamless login for staff and students to enable SSO from Moodle to EchoSystem material. The new Moodle plugin is scheduled for availability in mid-August.

For more information on EchoSystem v4, please refer to the Echo360 website (http://www.echo360.com).

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Damyon Wiese

Re: Echo360 EchoCenter / Moodle Integration

by Sally H -

This is great news.

Is there any way we can receive notification once released?

In reply to Sally H

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Sally,

I'll put a post in this discussion topic when the plugin is released (which should be soon now).

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Brian Lake -

Hi Daymon,

We'd be pleased to test this for you and report back - we're keen to get Echo 4.0 working with Moodle. 

Regards

Brian

In reply to Brian Lake

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi All,

Just a quick note to say that the new plugin has been uploaded to the plugins database and is just waiting to be approved.

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Brian Lake -

I'm very sorry to say it does not seem to work in Moodle 2.11. I know it isn't certified to anyway, but we held out hope that it might for now.

For what its worth, here is the result of our stack trace:

Stack trace:
  • line 429 of /lib/setuplib.php: moodle_exception thrown
  • line 116 of /blocks/echo360_echocenter/echocenter_frame.php: call to print_error()
I know its asking a bit much just now, but is there a prospective timeline for a release of a 2.1 compatible version?
In reply to Brian Lake

by Damyon Wiese -

Hi Brian,

I have tested this plugin on Moodle 2.1 with no problems so this may be a configuration issue. If you enable debugging in Moodle you should get more information on the error in the page. Possible problems that may come up:

Current user does not have the capability to view the page (requires either "block/echo360_configuration:viewasinstructor" or "block/echo360_configuration:viewasstudent").

Incorrect EchoSystem URL (Check that you can connect directly from the Moodle server to the EchoSystem URL specified in the configuration - ie use a web browser or curl on the Moodle webserver to try and view the EchoSystem login page)

Incorrect port - the above URL should include the port number. This is the port number to access the EchoCenter (not the EchoSystem login page - that is a different port). This is port 8080 by default but can be changed.

Firewall on the EchoSystem Server, or Moodle WebServer. The Moodle Webserver needs to be able to connect to the EchoSystem Server on the specified port above, if there is a firewall in place it needs to have this port opened.

Let me know how you go with this.

Regards, Damyon Wiese

In reply to Damyon Wiese

by Damyon Wiese -

I should also point out that you can receive support for this plugin through your Echo360 support channel.

Regards, Damyon

In reply to Brian Lake

by Sally H -

The Moodle 2.1 Echo360 integration is working beautifully here at the University of Nottingham - thanks Echo360 and NetSpot