SCORM CSS Issue - YUI Blues!!!

SCORM CSS Issue - YUI Blues!!!

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Sam Hemelryk if you read this please HELP!!!

SCORM seems to display in a strange way no matter what setting you put in the SCORM settings page. The player does not appear to want to open up, so you are left with scroll bars within scroll bars. Even to the point of creating every pixel of space on the page, disabling the DOCK with display: none is not enough, the player still refuses to open up. It is as if it is locked into a predefined area.

Using Firebug I see the dreaded YUI CSS pervading the page...I groan every time I see YUI3 CSS. The Custom Menu drove me nearly insane...and now the SCORM looks like it is going to throw me over the edge!

Cheers

Mary

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Evans

Re: SCORM CSS Issue - YUI Blues!!!

by Sam Hemelryk -
Hi Mary,
I've just spotted this now.
Will look into it shortly and likely raise a bug.

Cheers
Sam
In reply to Sam Hemelryk

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Cool!!! Thanks

In reply to Mary Evans

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

not sure what you're trying to do but the new SCORM player in 2.0 is supposed to use the max width/height available - the standard theme doens't have a fixed width so it should use the full browser window - if it's not doing that then can you please provide more info? - screenshots/browser types tested etc.

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Richard Oelmann -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Dan,

Mary and I have been working on a theme where we were requested that scorm content should be visible at 1200x1000px.

The width does not seem to be an issue, but the scorm player will not adjust to fill the height. The theme has been adapted to manually create additional height for content, moodle settings for scorm have been adjusted, but the scorm player does not show the full height of the content.

The screenshot below shows testing in both standard theme and with the theme created - more content height is displayed in the created theme where space has been manually provided, but it can still be seen that the scorm player is not showing the full height of its content, or using the height available for it.

scorm

I have tested this in FF3, FF4 and colleagues have tested it in FF and IE (including IE9)

Thanks in advance for your help with this

Richard

In reply to Richard Oelmann

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

that makes a bit more sense - I've spent more time making sure the width resizes correctly than I have looked at the height - must be a bug there somewhere... can you please create a tracker issue for it?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Mary Evans -

Will do...and thanks for taking a look at this.

Much appreciated.

Mary

EDIT: Tracker Issue MDL-27876