Are there any work to upate these plugins to Moodle 2.0 ?

Are there any work to upate these plugins to Moodle 2.0 ?

by Jean-Michel Védrine -
Number of replies: 8

Hello,

I am planning to upgrade my Moodel site to 2.0 this summer. So I have listed all the plugins that I use :

auth

• facebook

blocks

• inwicast  (I've already upgraded it !)
  • wikipedia (I've already upgraded it !)

filters

• geogebra
  • hiddentext
  • iphonetex (custom filter I wrote but never published to translate asciimathml to tex using ASCIIMath2TeX lib and render as images using mathtran for MoodleTouch ipad and iphones clients, I've already upgraded it, but I would like to switch from snoopy to cURL)
  • jsxgraph
  • math
  • mathtran

mods

• certificate
  • facebook
  • inwicast (already done but not complete : backups/restore and use repositories not done wich is not a problem for me as I only use it with external medias, anyway i will finish it this summer)
  • qcreate (I hope it will be upgraded to 2.0, I love this module !)

question/type
dmr (already done but need polishing)
dragdrop (I will wait 2Moodle 2.1 and OU questions types to replace this one)
jme (already done but need polishing)
regexp

tinyMCE plugins

• asciimath
  • asciimaths
  • asciisvg
  • draglatex
  • dragmath
  • dragmaths
  • geonext
  • googletex
  • mathtran

The problem for tinyMCE plugins is that I don't know how to add them so that Moodle upgrades will be paintless !!!

My question is : for the plugins listed here and that I've not already done, is anybody working on them. Good to know before I start to do it myself.

Thanks

Jean-Michel Védrine

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Jean-Michel Védrine

Re: Are there any work to upate these plugins to Moodle 2.0 ?

by Derek Chirnside -

Mary posted this link the other day that may help:

http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/CONTRIB-1988

But it won't solve all your problems

-Derek

In reply to Derek Chirnside

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Derek,

Thanks a lot for this link. Apparently someone is working on the certificate module so that's one less in my list !

by Colin Fraser -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Testers

And Mauno K is working on a package of integrated maths modules, that Marc has been calling SEE. I saw it very early and it was a good start, but got involved in something else and lost the time I had.  Hopefully Mauno will release that as a branch that we can use - or better, have it incorporated into core.

EDIT: It looks like the developer has abandoned qCreate, or rather there seems to have been no activity on it since 2009,  so unless someone else wants to take it up to maintain it, it is unlikely to be updated. Pity, but if no-one is interested enough, then it will join the ranks of a lot of other plugins and modules that are not being adapted.

by Anthony Borrow -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Feel free to create sub-tasks for those other pieces of code that you would like to see updated and ready for 2.0. At the very least it will give us an opportunity to hear from the primary maintainer about any plans they may or may not have. If I can be of any assistance just let me know. Peace - Anthony

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Jean-Michel,

The REGEXP question type is up and running in Moodle 2.0, with a few improvements over the 1.9 version. See the documentation page for the differences between the 2 versions.

Joseph

PS.- And I am still thankful for your help in the initial stages of the REGEXP question type, quite a few years ago!

by Mauno Korpelainen -

Hi jean-Michel,

from these tinymce math plugins I had most moodle 2 versions ready some months ago + MathJax plugin + jsxgraph filter

The "missing part" was then and still is in editor settings. It is possible to use these math plugins with separate version of tinymce ( I have named it tinymath in moodle 2 ) and this way upgrading does not require overwriting of any core files. In moodle 1.9 these plugins were added through theme based init code or by editing the init code of tinymce - in moodle 2 the core option is to edit init code of tinymce or to add extra versions of tinymce with custom init code or to add theme based modifications with javascripts and php.

I should have written some info about this upgrading process many months ago but I have been lazy (like always) during the past months smile

Let's see if I can find all of the old files during this weekend and create an upgrading package for the math plugins ( there may be many versions of them ... )

I think I can also easily upgrade version 1.9 math filter to moodle 2 version - mathtran filter and geogebra filter most likely won't work in moodle 2 with current code and "somebody" should check them...

In reply to Mauno Korpelainen

by Jean-Michel Védrine -

Hello Mauno,

I am a avid reader of the Math tools forum and I thanks you a lot for all your work.

I have posted in the math tools forum my own version of the mathtran filter using curl instead of snoopy as snoopy is no longer part of Moodle2.

With Joseph's work on the regexp question type and yours on the math plugins my todo list is shortening cool

by Florent Merlet -

Hello,

I work on upgrading moodle in the 2.0 version on opensuse 11.4.

I didn't find any solution to upgrade inwicast module, but I read in the forum that you had some success :

blocks

• inwicast  (I've already upgraded it !)

mods

• inwicast (already done but not complete : backups/restore and use repositories not done wich is not a problem for me as I only use it with external medias, anyway i will finish it this summer)

Can you tell more about how you did it ?

Thanks,

Florent Merlet