Moodle documentation: User page in docs

Moodle documentation: User page in docs

by Derek Chirnside -
Number of replies: 3

I was tidying up my user page yesterday for an upcoming project.

I tried to create a sub page User:xxx/archives but it did not let me.  (I copied all my stuff into it and it just didn't work)

Is this a feature?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Derek Chirnside

Re: Moodle documentation: User page in docs

by Frank Ralf -
Hi Derek,

No, this would definitely be a bug. All pages on Moodle Docs should allow the creation of sup pages. And for user pages this feature is enabled by default in MediaWiki.

However, creating sub pages does still work on my user page, though I got a strange error message (see screenshot).

Frank
Attachment User_Frank Ralf_not_registered.png
In reply to Frank Ralf

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Just wondering whether the problem has occurred since Moodle Docs was upgraded (MDLSITE-1239)? Please report any bugs in the Moodle Tracker (selecting Moodle Community Sites as project).

In reply to Helen Foster

by Derek Chirnside -

Boh sets of docs: Just to follow up on this: last month I got the same error as Ralf, but I ignored it and continued, and the page did not create.  But I have waited acouple of week and now I still get the error, but the page seems to create perfectly.

ie Trying to create User:name/pagename has a false error message on the way as picture in Ralfs post.

I can guess at the problem. User pages in wikipedia are based on USERNAME.  Pages here are more civilised and based on NAME.  Maybe a small setting out of wack.