SCORM Suspend Data Error

SCORM Suspend Data Error

by Arnie Murdock -
Number of replies: 3

I have imported a simple SCORM 1.2  package created in Toolbook.  The package installs without a problem.  I am able to view the SCORM content, as a student, the first time, but then cannot relaunch the SCORM content any more...after the first time, I recieve an error and the package never loads.

After working with the folks from Toolbook to look at the debug output, It seems that Moodle is somehow mangling the suspend data. 

From the suspend data show below.....you can see in Yellow highlight, exactly what data ToolBook is sending to Moodle (via SCORM) to be stored as Suspend Data.  You can also see in Blue highlight, exactly what data ToolBook is receiving back from the LMS upon relaunch, for Toolbook's Suspend Data.  As is clear, they don't match.

Any assistance would be appreciated. 

DEBUG OUTPUT WHEN RUNNING FIRST TIME…..

### Started Friday, March 18, 2011 8:50:53 AM ###
08:50:53 EDT Building list of API type LMS adapters:

08:51:08 EDT LMS SET >>>>> [cmi.core.exit] to "suspend"
08:51:08 EDT LMS SET >>>>> [cmi.core.lesson_status] to "incomplete"
08:51:08 EDT LMS SET >>>>> [cmi.core.session_time] to "00:00:15"
08:51:08 EDT LMS SET >>>>> [cmi.suspend_data] to
"global
SEQUENCE=["p3","p1","p2","*p4"]
RAWSCORE=0
"

### Stopped Friday, March 18, 2011 8:51:09 AM ###

DEBUG OUTPUT WHEN RUNNING A SECOND TIME…..

### Started Friday, March 18, 2011 8:53:31 AM ###
08:53:31 EDT Building list of API type LMS adapters:
08:53:31 EDT Invalid SCORM duration format (""). Should be HH:MM:SS.
08:53:31 EDT Invalid LMSGetMaxTime(). Setting to 00:00:00.00 (no limit).
08:53:32 EDT LMS get <<<<< [cmi.core.entry] is "resume"
08:53:32 EDT LMS get <<<<< [cmi.suspend_data] is
"globalrnSEQUENCE=["p3","p1","p2","*p4"]rnRAWSCORE=0rn"
08:53:32 EDT Consuming suspendData...
08:53:32 EDT     - Name: globalrnSEQUENCE; Value: ["p3","p1","p2","*p4"]rnRAWSCORE=0rn
08:53:32 EDT 818 | '1' is null or not an object |

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Arnie Murdock

Re: SCORM Suspend Data Error

by Ian Wright -

Arnold, the 'rn' replacing your line breaks are carriage-return (ascii 13, typed as '\r') and linefeed (ascii 10, typed as '\n') characters that have lost their control character ('\') somewhere; ie '\r\n' is exported in suspend_data, and interpretted as the text characters 'rn' on  import.

Where this is happening, and how to deal with it is something you need to look for.

In reply to Ian Wright

Re: SCORM Suspend Data Error

by Arnie Murdock -

Actually....this is likely a result of pasting the debug output into the field for the messageboard....I have attached a word doc to this message that, I believe, will have the correct output....hopefully.