SCORM Format and Moodle 2.0 +

SCORM Format and Moodle 2.0 +

by Farouk A Musa -
Number of replies: 5

It was so simple and so easy to import a SCORM 1.2 course into Moodle 1.9

It is very hard to do that with Moodle 2.0 +. You can import the SCORM course but you cannot display it.

Any Ideas

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Farouk A Musa

Re: SCORM Format and Moodle 2.0 +

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi,

Unfortunately I've not yet had chance to try creating a course in Moodle 2.0 in SCORM format and adding a SCORM package to it. Could you describe what happened when you tried.

In reply to Helen Foster

by Antoine Elearn -

Hi,

I have just upgraded a version of Moodle 1.9 to 2.0 and I meet a problem to create a SCORM course format.

Indeed, after having created a scorm course in 1.9 we were asked to automatically set the scorm package to deploy. In 2.0, however once you have enrolled students it is not possible to access the course and moodle return an unknow error. I must temporarily change the format of the course to be able to create a scorm activity which is then used when I return to the scorm course format.

If you have a solution to restore the redirect to deploy a SCORM package in my thank you in advance to give it to me.

Cordially yours

In reply to Antoine Elearn

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi there,

I've just created MDL-28016 for this but I've just tried to create a new course using the SCORM format and it does display a couple of debugging messages but redirects to the "add scorm" page correctly for me.

Can you please provide some screenshots of what occurs for you when you try to return to the course? - can you turn debugging on to see if any extra errors appear as well?

In reply to Dan Marsden

by Antoine Elearn -

Hi Dan,

First thank you for you reactivity!

You can see below the screenshot of the error at the creation of the scorm course (with debbuging mode on):

error at the scorm format course creation

For information my moodle is a 2.0.3+ (Build: 20110616) version and i'm using the"Binarius" theme but it seems that the bug is present with others theme too (tested with standard theme).

Say me if you need more info.

Cordially yours

In reply to Antoine Elearn

by Antoine Elearn -

Hello,

I think i found why this error is generated!

Indeed, the url created by moodle to reach the course is not clean. In fact, some "&" are writed in the adress bar as html code ("&") so the platform can't interpret the url. If I modify this bad "&" by "&" the redirection operates without problems.

Here is an exemple of the bad url given by moodle:

"http://localhost/moodle/course/mod.php?id=8&section=0&sesskey=IIb0Qa1hok&add=scorm"

Do you know which part of the moodle code is responsible of the URL generation (this error appears only for scorm course format without scorm activity loaded)?

Cordially yours.