Simple Space - CSS Lesson problem - Moodle 2.0

Simple Space - CSS Lesson problem - Moodle 2.0

by Panagiotis Iliopoulos -
Number of replies: 12

Hello everyone,

I am using the simplespace theme and I am facing two problems.

1) When I am in IE 8 and viewing a question page I created in a lesson,  the contents of the page are displaying as if they cannot wrap and are in a single line whilst in Firefox 3 are displaying perfect, I cannot explain it better,the images in the zip file show what I am trying to say, images LessonQuestionIE8.JPG and LessonQuestionFF3.JPG.

I have been trying to edit the css but I cannot make it work for both browsers. I have been trying to play with the classes ftoggler, box but I can't find the solution.

And,

2) In the lesson again, the lesson title and the page title are using the same class so it is not possible to customise them in order to display as if they are a different thing, the lesson title and the page title of the lesson should be different in my opinion. Image LessonPageTitle.JPG from the zip file

Any proposal is welcome.

Thank you all in advance.

Panos.

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Panagiotis Iliopoulos

Re: Simple Space - CSS Lesson problem - Moodle 2.0

by John St -

I don't  think the wrapping issue is theme specific, as can be seen from this post: http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=165662

There is a fix included there...

In reply to John St

Thank you John for your reply.

I will try this as soon as possible.

Any thoughts concerning #2?

Regards,

Panos

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Panos,

I'm going to have to create a lesson in on my Moodle site to try and see what's happening in this theme in IE8.

I'll let you know as soon as possible.

Thanks

Mary

by John St -

You are right on #2, it is difficult to style them differently because they have the same class within the same block element. You could try something like:

.path-mod-lesson h2.main { font-size: 18px; text-align: left; font-weight:600;}

.path-mod-lesson #maincontent + h2{ font-size: 26px; text-align: center; font-weight:400;}

I haven't tested it extensively but it is working for me in FF.

In reply to John St

Ok I am getting back with this.

When I made a second lesson in the same course the look of the titles were as it used to be.

Somehow the ccs was applied to only this one lesson and when I made a second one it kept the original formatting. Weird.

I just added the proposed lines from John to the core.css file and didn't edit lines that were already there. Did I do it right?

Panos

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hi Panos,

The top title's css is...

h2.main.help { color: red;}

and the 2nd title's css is...

h2.main { color: blue;}

will help you style those two heading titles.

HTH

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by John St -

I saw the .help as well, but I don't think it is there for all roles, for students (for example) it doesn't seem to be there.

In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -

Well if it is not there for all roles it should be. MDL Tracker?

In reply to Mary Evans

by John St -

I think that particular help pop-up is for how to use the module (from a content creator's perspective).

In reply to John St

by Mary Evans -

Oh sorry, I was meaning the css selector not the actual Help icon.  I had just assumed it was global rather than selective. It's a pity that more thought has not gone into such things as header titles, and the need to distiguish one from another, without the need for long and lengthy css which has to be custom built.

In reply to Mary Evans

WOW!! thanks a lot you guys for your replies.

Time difference is a bitch tongueout

I will try your proposals and get back to you on as soon as possible with the results.

Panos