Which Moodle 2 theme can be used with IE8?

Re: Which Moodle 2 theme can be used with IE8?

by Mary Evans -
Number of replies: 7
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

There is a problem with all themes in IE8 at the moment. Menus are not displaying properly, sideblock in Overlay is off to the right...see screenshot.

I'ts been tracked, but not sure what's happening with it as it is holiday time still, at least in the UK it is.

Mary

Attachment overlay-sideblock.jpg
In reply to Mary Evans

by Hartmut Scherer -

Hi Mary,

Thank you for the information. It's good to know that this problem is already tracked.

With kind regards,

Hartmut

In reply to Mary Evans

by Patrick Malley -
Thank you, Mary. We are looking into this and all other issues, but a fix will have to wait until we are able to figure out the new Git commit workflow.
In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Jones -
Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Hello

I think I have found a workaround for this problem:  If you install the Chrome Frame Addon for IE8 (http://code.google.com/chrome/chromeframe/) adapt the httpd.conf file of your Apache server as shown on the Getting Started Guide link page, that seems to fix a lot of the usability issues with IE8 and themes like Arialist and Decaf at least.  I've tried this with success in both IE8 64-bit on Win 7 and IE8 32-bit on Vista.

Kind regards

Richard

In reply to Richard Jones

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

As far as I am aware these problems have been fixed in Moodle core, so the latest Moodle 2 download all core themes should work correctly now.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Jones -

Thanks Mary

There also seems to be an issue with the File Picker when used from the HTML Editor (as opposed to using the File upload from the resource drop-down).  Are you aware of reports and/or fixes for this?

Richard

In reply to Richard Jones

by Mary Evans -

I had heard that there were problems with the Text Editor File Picker, but again I thought that too had been fixed. Mind you I've never experienced problems with it myself, but then I update my Moodle 2.0 via CVS quite regularly.

Mary

In reply to Mary Evans

by Richard Jones -
Thanks Mary I did upgrade on Tuesday but no joy. Guess I might have to wait for 2.02. Are you using IE8? I have no problems with other browsers but my IT dept won't let me use them or install the Chrome Frame add in either sad However we are prepared to put up with these issues as Moodle 2 is great. Cheers Richard