Problem making changes to theme colors in moodle 2.0

Problem making changes to theme colors in moodle 2.0

by carlton watson -
Number of replies: 3

I am using moodle 2.0 and I am having problems using the theme settings.   The problem does not seem to be theme specific as I have tried this on several theme.

I go to site administration > appearance > themes > [theme name e.g. "brick"]

I then change  the color settings and save changes.

I then go to  theme selector and select the appropriate theme;  however the color changes have not been updated.

It doesn't matter if i select theme then make changes or vice versa. I have also tried  clearing the cache

I have also played around with manually changing the colors in the css file and the settings file to no avail

Average of ratings: -
In reply to carlton watson

Re: Problem making changes to theme colors in moodle 2.0

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

You need to clear the theme caches for the changes to take effect. Administration ▶ Development ▶ Purge all caches.

(Actually, I think you should not have to do this manually. When you change a theme setting, Moodle should just automatically purge the cache for you. I guess this is a minor bug that should be reported in the tracker: MDL-25711)

In reply to Tim Hunt

by carlton watson -

Thanks Tim that works!  Is this a universal problem or does it only affect some browsers or configurations (I am using a simple script / cpanel install)?

cw

In reply to carlton watson

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Universal problem.