3-column blog style layout

3-column blog style layout

by Patrick Malley -
Number of replies: 11
Could someone please work out the pagelayout CSS to get the 3-column blog style layout:

http://matthewjamestaylor.com/blog/ultimate-3-column-blog-style-pixels.htm
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Patrick Malley

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: 3-column blog style layout

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
This is going to be very useful Dietmar. When Urs and I were discussing the original page-layout, prior to its defined status as it is now in Base theme and all the other themes, my argument, at the time, was about the naming of region-post-box, which is correctly named if you are using the Holy Grail (Querks Mode). But when using Holy Grail (Percent Mode) the region-post-box actually becomes region-pre-box.

I am now left wondering if this might be another argument for changing the name from 'region-post-box' to 'region-side-box'. Then it is not confusing when something is marked 'post', but actually appears as 'pre'.

Just a thought...smile

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

In reply to Deleted user

by Mary Evans -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Dietmar,

Glad you agree with me. The region-pre and region-post are correct in that they may be side to side but at least pre does come first and post second...so I, and I am sure others too, can live with this arrangement. It was just the regions-post-box which I feel needs re-naming.

All this aside, I really like the blog layout...this is more familiar territory. One wonders if it could be used for courses too, not just blogs.

Cheers

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Mary Evans -
Hi Patrick...attached is the HTML/CSS for the Blog Layout as a direct copy of the link you posted above.

It's in Moodle page-layout format apart from a minor alteration to Region-Post-Box which I have called Region-Side-Box, more for uniform clarity than anything, as these slight changes, when adopting Matt's Holy Grail set of grid-layouts, from col-right to col-left (post/pre) are becoming more confusing, or can if you are not familiar with the history of Moodle 2.0 page-layout.

Cheers

Mary
In reply to Mary Evans

by Patrick Malley -
Thank you!

by Ray Lawrence -
Does this mean the theme config option to reposition L & R block columns is gone in Moodle 2?
In reply to Ray Lawrence