Must have modules/plugins

Must have modules/plugins

by Graham Moir -
Number of replies: 9

What would you consider to be your top 5 proven/quality modules/plugins that every Moodle site should have ?

thanks

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Graham Moir

Re: Must have modules/plugins

by Mark Pearson -

Blocks

• Sharing Cart (no other way to duplicate activities)
  • Attendance
  • Quickmail
  • Course Menu (YUI menu)

Modules

• OU Wiki
  • Enhanced File Module

Hacks

• MyMoodle by Minh-Tam Nguyen
  • ZIP and download (button to zip all uploaded assignments and download in single file)
  • TinyMCE in version 1.9.7!
For a lot more details see Millenial Moodle Issues

Mark
In reply to Mark Pearson

by Chris Delaney -
Questionnaire - for creating surveys.
Lightbox Gallery - for displaying photos.
Crot - Plagiarism block.
In reply to Mark Pearson

by Jeff Stanford -
Add-on blocks
  • Exabis E-portfolio
  • Personal glossary
  • mediacentre (inwicast)
Add-on modules
    • FLV
    • Lolipop ELP
    • Mindmap
    • OUblog
    • OUwiki
    • Questionnaire
    • Webquest
Hacks
    • NanoGong
    • Quiz: ordering task type
    • Hidden text filter
These are add-ons that I found useful in Moodle 1.9 for Second Language Teaching

Jeff
In reply to Jeff Stanford

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
I'd like to add my favourites to the list, but as the ones I use on a daily basis were all written by me, I'm afraid I might come across a bit biased...
In reply to Davo Smith

by Jeff Stanford -
Hi David
I still think it would be interesting to know what you use and why.
Jeff
In reply to Jeff Stanford

by Davo Smith -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Uploadpdf assignment type - I collect all my students assignments that way (they submit them as pdfs) and then mark them online, giving them feedback directly on their work.

Uploadpdf grade report - that helps me to keep track of work submitted, late/overdue work and the marks gained for each submission (as well as a list of recently marked assignments, to update our central college markbook).

Checklist - to help students to keep track of what they need to complete for each assignment and so I can see how far through each of them are (assuming I can get them to keep their checklists up to date).

Aside from that, most of the other bits I use regularly are part of the standard moodle install.