jQuery ThemeRoller css availability to Moodle htmlarea fields

jQuery ThemeRoller css availability to Moodle htmlarea fields

by Amy Groshek -
Number of replies: 2
Hello All,

I need some advice/pointers regarding instructional design using the jQuery library and component set.

The combination of library and component set is important because what we're trying to do is develop a series of DHTML templates for eLearning interactions that can be placed right inside of Moodle lesson module htmlarea fields, or the quiz module, etc etc, anywhere on any page in a Moodle course. The added benefit of themeroller is that we can reuse the templates and apply the theme later, without my developers having to worry about background colors, gradients, etc.

I've seen plenty of documentation about adding jQuery libraries via header, footer, etc. What I don't understand is how the component set for a custom theme will also be included.

Am I coming at it wrong? Should we just be incorporating the jQuery classes into a custom theme for Moodle instead?

If anyone has similar experience or advice, I'd be very thankful.

Best,
A
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Amy Groshek

Re: jQuery ThemeRoller css availability to Moodle htmlarea fields

by John St -
If you're not modifying any core files, I think you could do what you want to do from the template header/footer. Although, I'm not sure exactly what you are aiming to do.
In reply to Amy Groshek

Re: jQuery ThemeRoller css availability to Moodle htmlarea fields

by Mauno Korpelainen -
Amy - check http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=135473

The main problem with Moodle Themes before moodle 2.0 is that the classes that themeroller uses do not exist in core files of moodle - in moodle 2.0 it will be possible to use layout files and renderers to add those classes everywhere in moodle.

In that post I explained how you can add themeroller classes with jQuery itself to existing parts of moodle and there is one ready to use test-themeroller theme available to download...

Some sort of "opening" for this exciting issue anyway. Note that theme switcher of theme roller should not be used after "design work" so theme roller themes are most suitable for test boxes and when design of theme looks finished you only need css files and possible class replacer jQuery (particularly in moodle 1.9.X)