by Ger Tielemans -
Number of replies: 3
1. What is the function of this table ?
2. Can I remove it?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ger Tielemans

Re: mdl_newnameforthetable?

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi Ger,

absolutely yes! You can drop that table safely.

It's created by the built-in tests present in the XMLDB Editor, so its presence just means that you've executed them in the past.

In fact, you can find up to 3 tables:

* testtable
* anothertest
* newnameforthetable

It seems that we (my fault!) forgot to drop them at the end of the test. I'll fix that ASAP, until then, as said, it's 100% safe to drop them manually.

Ciao smile

Edited/PS: This issue has been tracked as MDL-20571.
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by Olumuyiwa Taiwo -
Picture of Plugin developers
This is for anyone who might be seeing a 'MySQL Server has gone away' error due to the presence of this table.

It seems that due to either the size of the table, or some characters contained in its 'avatar' column, we gate a 'MySQL Server has gone away' error when we export the database from one site and try to import into another site.

In reply to Olumuyiwa Taiwo

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi,

As commented, you can, safely, drop those tables or, alternatively, run the XMLDB editor test again, because since some time ago, the test is dropping the tables properly.

Side note, for 2.0 we are disabling/deleting those XMLDB editor built in tests (see MDL-24116), as far was we have new ones (a few hundreds) running under lib/dml and lib/dml superseding and improving the old ones.

Ciao smile
Average of ratings: Useful (1)