Flash module add-on: Flash mp3 player doesn't play to end of file

Flash module add-on: Flash mp3 player doesn't play to end of file

by Lissa Ingram -
Number of replies: 2
I hope this is the right forum. I've searched for this issue, and found others had it, but it has been marked closed at this link (http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-7549) as of Moodle 1.9.4. I am running Moodle 1.9.5, and I am still having the problem where the last bit of my audio files get cut off if I use the default Flash mp3 player. I had replaced the included player with Dewplayer in a previous version of Moodle, and Dewplayer plays the files all the way to the end, so I know that the files are fine. I can play them all the way to the end in other mp3 players as well. This is an issue for me, the Moodle player stops in the middle of my client's final sentences, where he's usually delivering a punch line or an important point. Is there something I can do other than replacing the player with Dewplayer again?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Lissa Ingram

Re: Flash module add-on: Flash mp3 player doesn't play to end of file

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Lissa,

Sorry to hear you're having problems with the MP3 player in Moodle 1.9.5. I've reopened MDL-7549 so that the issue can be looked at again. Please help by commenting on the tracker issue and providing any additional information which may be relevant. (You'll need a tracker account in order to add a comment.)
In reply to Lissa Ingram

Re: Flash module add-on: Flash mp3 player doesn't play to end of file

by Jérôme Mouneyrac -
Hi Lissa,
I retested on the last 1.9 version, it does work for me.
If you still have the problem, reopen this issue (http://tracker.moodle.org/browse/MDL-7549), attach a "faulty" mp3 file to this issue, describe the missing words and indicate where you are using this mp3 file into Moodle.
Hope you'll end up with a working MP3 player.
Thanks,
Jerome