How to request a change in CVS access

How to request a change in CVS access

by Alan Trick -
Number of replies: 3
I'm doing some work for Moodle 2 and I need commit access to various places in CVS. According to the docs you're supposed to "apply" at http://moodle.org/cvs. Since I already have an account, all I can do is "update" my information. I tried doing that last week, but nothing has happened so far.

What's the procedure here? Is MoodleDocs out of date?
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Alan Trick

Re: How to request a change in CVS access

by Tim Hunt -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
You should probably create a patch and attach it to a tracker issue in the first instance.

The bit about not being able to request additional CVS access is a known missing feature in the cvsadmin module. Can you file a MDLSITE- bug with your request for access in the tracker.
In reply to Tim Hunt

by Martin Dougiamas -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Well, you *can* actually request modifications to access already via the cvsadmin interface by updating it as Alan did (and that is preferred, thanks Alan) but I agree in this case Alan should start with a patch in the tracker and get it reviewed.
In reply to Martin Dougiamas

by Alan Trick -
Thanks for the explanation. The MoodleDocs page currently states "You'll receive notification in a day or so." Should that be updated, or is my case just an anomaly?