Download to CSV being ignored!

Download to CSV being ignored!

by Stephen Brown -
Number of replies: 3

Hi,

I know a lot of people had a blank page problem when downloading results to CSV, but my problem is a bit different.

If I create a questionnaire using a few radio buttons, and can download the results with no problem.

If I make one that uses almost exclusively check boxes (apart from Q1., which is a text box), when I click the download button, I'm returned to the "View all responses" screen. It's as if the site thinks it's given me the file for download! I've turned debugging on, but still don't get any messages of any kind to suggest that there's been a problem.

I'm using a 1.9.5+ build, and the newest version of the questionnaire module. Any suggestions?

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stephen Brown

Re: Download to CSV being ignored!

by Joseph Rézeau -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Hi Stephen,

1- When you write "I'm using a 1.9.5+ build, and the newest version of the questionnaire module" I do hope you have installed the Questionnaire version for 1.9

and not the latest version (which is for moodle unreleased 2.0 version).

2- I cannot reproduce your problem. Did you create that problematic questionnaire in a prior version of Questionnaire/Moodle? Do you have the same problem if you create a brand-new questionnaire and enter a few responses? Are the questions required or not? Could you please post here (or send to my e-mail address in my profile) an exported version of your questionnaire (with data) so that I can have a look?

Joseph

In reply to Joseph Rézeau

Re: Download to CSV being ignored!

by Stephen Brown -

Thanks for getting in touch so quickly - I really appreciate that. If you'd like, I've emailed you a logon so you can see for yourself what I mean. To see magic in action, log in, then go to "EPM1325A08", and it's the only questionnaire in there.

If I delete all responses and take the questionnaire myself, it'll download with no problems. As soon as you log in as another user and take the questionnaire, I can't download results any more.

I've tried making another (shorter) questionnaire, but still get the same problem when I try to download with more than one person's results entered. I'm stumped!