Feedback wanted: Integrating Scribblar.com with Moodle

Feedback wanted: Integrating Scribblar.com with Moodle

by Stefan Richter -
Number of replies: 10
Hello all,
this is my first post here. I've joined this group to gather some feedback.

My name is Stefan Richter and I am the developer behind Scribblar (www.scribblar.com), an online collaboration tool that consists of a real-time multiuser whiteboard, chat, audio communications and a bunch more. Many teachers are already using Scribblar in the classroom as a standalone tool.

Here's a screenshot:
scribblar.jpg

I'm wondering what your thoughts are on integrating Scribblar with Moodle. Would it be a feature that people want to use? Would it be useful?
Is it hard to accomplish the integration on the Moodle side (Scribblar integrates easily with 'standard' websites and user databases)? Scribblar is Flash based.

Any feedback you can provide would help me.

Best wishes,

Stefan

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Stefan Richter

Re: Feedback wanted: Integrating Scribblar.com with Moodle

by Don Hinkelman -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers
Hi Stefen,

I think it would be great to have a Moodle integration of Scribblar. Especially if the interface has been popular with teachers. You take a look at several previous integrations of whiteboads into Moodle. One of them is the Covcell Whiteboard, which was originally a language learning support tool. Browse through the Modules and Plugins database of Moodle.org and you will find it to download and maybe some other whiteboard integrations (Dim Dim I think).

Cheers,
Don
In reply to Don Hinkelman

by NN NN -
Hi Stefan,

That sounds great! I know I will definitely be interested in any good "Whiteboard" application.

How do you plan to integrate it, will it transport users from their moodle site to the scribblar.com site? It would be great if it could work with an iFrame or something similar, that would allow a student to remain in his/her course whilst working on scribblar.

A large part of my target audience are not "that" computer literate, and having their environment change (as in getting redirected to another site) often causes high levels of anxiety and fear, not to mention utter confusion, lol.

by Maryel Mendiola -
Hi Stefan

is Scribblar Free Software?
Open Source?

All these tools are for webinars aren't they?

Best Regards
In reply to Maryel Mendiola

by Stefan Richter -
hi Maryel,
Scribblar is free to use bt not open source. It can be used for webinars amongst other things.

Regards

Stefan

by Joao Carapinha -
Hi Stefan:

Its a great idea! Many web collaboration technologies integrated with Moodle are somewhat rudimentary and it would be great to have Scribblar lead the way with something that is user-friendly and reliable.

Go go go ...

Joe

by Pedro Sá -

Hello

I can´t put a embed of Scribblar in moodle

I want put a Scribblar in webpage (moodle).

I copy de code in Scribblar, change to HTML font in dialog box of moodle and save. Nothing hapens.

Any help?

In reply to Pedro Sá

by Joseph Thibault -
Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers

Pedro, make sure that <embed> and <object> tags are enabled on your site: Administration -> Security -> Site Policies -> check the box for “Allow EMBED and OBJECT tags”

In reply to Joseph Thibault

by Pedro Sá -

I detect the problem. Is the Firefox browser. If I use de Chrome or IE it's work. What it can be?

by Raymond Enriquez -

Hey Stefan,

I would like to keep an ongoing dialogue with you regarding your application.  I have integrated it with my company and my moodle applications and have started field testing it.  If it is possible I'd like to exchange emails so I can contact you directly regarding Scribblar and its usage.  My personal email is renriquez@acecadets.com.

I want to give you direct feedback from users, staff, and my own personal experiences.

As far as I can see right off the bat using it for the past few days now, you did a great job.  I hope together we can integrate and evolve together and make an evolutionary change in the world of education.

Raymond Enriquez

AceCadets

www.acecadets.com