How do I enroll users in DMS

How do I enroll users in DMS

by Tormod Hansen -
Number of replies: 6
Hi

I have installed DMS because I am starting a development project in one of my classes and it is working fine. I know it is not for production, but I need the facility. But DMS only shows the already enrolled students.

Have I done something wrong or can I do something to get the students enrolded in DMS.

It is a good facility and I am going to use it as some kind of portefolio

Tormod
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Tormod Hansen

Re: How do I enroll users in DMS

by John Papaioannou -
Hello Tormod,

The fact that the DMS does not "automatically" acknowledge newly registered students (and not newly enrolled; DMS knows nothing about enrolments, at this point) is very much a sore tooth right now...

As a quick fix, we have included the /dms/setup.php file in the package which will synchronize student folders in the DMS with the user accounts on your local database, creating and deleting student directories as necessary. You will have to call this manually whenever you need.

For a long-term solution, I have a very nice idea about giving Moodle an extensible "plug-in components" engine, which will be also able to meet the needs of the DMS integration completely. This is swimming around in my head for some time now, but it's a great endeavor and right now there's absolutely no time. However, I wouldn't think it unreasonable to expect this when 1.5 comes out.

I hope this helps you!
Jon
In reply to John Papaioannou

Ang: Re: How do I enroll users in DMS

by Tormod Hansen -
Hi Jon

Thank you very much for your help. It works. The DMS is a very good module and it is one of the very important modules in the Moodle suite.

Thank you to all of you that do a lot of work. I am sorry that I can't  help with the programming.

Tormod

Re: How do I enroll users in DMS

by Stephen Winters -

Hi Jon,

Could you tell me where I can find a Demo of the DMS? I'm also looking for a Demo of the "Article" module. (Is this the same as the DMS). IN short, I'm looking for examples and demos of any feature that would help me to create documentation and informational pages.

Thanks

StephenW

In reply to Stephen Winters

Where to download DMS from

by John Papaioannou -
Hi Stephen,

You can find the DMS demo at http://moodle.org/download.php/modules/dms.zip. Keep in mind that this is unofficial, and that there are no plans to extend it or integrate it into Moodle currently.

Jon

Re: Where to download DMS from

by Stephen Winters -

Thanks for responding Jon.

Is there anyplace that I can see an example of it up and running, as in a live Demo.

Thanks.

In reply to Stephen Winters

Re: Where to download DMS from

by John Papaioannou -
Sorry, not that I know of. You will probably have to set one up yourself.

Jon