Restoring makes webpages and labels in code

Restoring makes webpages and labels in code

by Mary Cooch -
Number of replies: 6
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

I've been restoring a 1.7 course to a 1.9.3 Moodle - I don't know if that is the issue or not - it works -but... the labels and webpages come out in html rather than the formatted text they were originally. I thought of pasting it into codeview - but it still comes out in code when you go back to wysiwg. Any suggestions where the problem lies please? It is a nuisance as I will just have to retype these pages/labels otherwise.

Thanks

Average of ratings: -
In reply to Mary Cooch

Re: Restoring makes webpages and labels in code

by Mary Cooch -
Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators

Ok - I've done a search and found this via another post http://docs.moodle.org/en/Backup_and_restore_FAQ#Restoring_a_course_results_in_broken_HTML_tags._What_can_I_do.3F

But... is this a problem in the original Moodle where I backed up or in the new Moodle to where I am restoring? I don't really understand the solution; sorry!

In reply to Mary Cooch

by Helen Foster -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
Hi Mary,

It's due to a PHP bug in the Moodle where you are restoring the course. Your backup file should be fine.
In reply to Helen Foster

by Mary Cooch -
Thanks a lot - and that's good -because the backup file from the old Moodle is mine and the Moodle I am restoring to is someone else's -so it's not my problem smile
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Mary Cooch -
Ok I spoke too soon - I need to tell them where this libxml2 is so they can fix it - is it in the Moodle files? Because if it is then I can't find it in mine! I am in unchartered territory here!
In reply to Mary Cooch

by Dan Poltawski -
Mary - its a low-level operating system library. They will probably need to contact their web hosts/system administrators.
In reply to Dan Poltawski

by Mary Cooch -
Ok thanks Dan; I'll just tell them that.