SUBMISSION OF NEW SCRIPT: Course Image

SUBMISSION OF NEW SCRIPT: Course Image

by W Page -
Number of replies: 5
Hello Martin and all Moodlers!

Script submission: "Course Image" (First submission to Moodle)

Download: course_list_display_images_submission_01

Reason for Submission: Evaluation by Martin for possible inclusion into v1.4 Final.

Application: Works on Moodle v1.2.1, 1.3.1, v1.3.3 and 1.4DEV

Script description: This "Course Image" script allows for an additional image on the left side of the course description to display. If no image is chosen the area will remain blank. The attached ZIP file contains instructions (in TXT [for more advanced folk], DOC, PDF formats) and some example images to try out initially. Please see the attached image.

Use for script: Site Customization. Admin/Teacher can use it as an identifier. For example, to indicate the courses taught by on teacher or maybe one department. Also, just as "eye candy".

Script facts/History:
Submitted & Updated by: WP1
Initial developer: Alvaro Corugedo
Thank you.
Help, support, guidance:
Janne Mikkonen Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.
Testers: Bryan Williams, Chardelle Busch, Juan Martinez, Janne Mikkonen, Anyone who tested the script but I do not know about them.
Thank you.

Development History:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=9015
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=10346
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=8996
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=4793

Please discuss this version at this thread.:

Hope Moodlers enjoy this script.

WP1
Attachment course_list_display_images_sub_01.gif
Average of ratings: -
In reply to W Page

Re: SUBMISSION OF NEW SCRIPT: Course Image

by Eloy Lafuente (stronk7) -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Documentation writers Picture of Moodle HQ Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Testers
Hi WP1 (and the rest),

it seems to be really nice!! Congratulations...

Two questios:
- What is the 200 x 200 text? a maximum? will be the image scaled? only a text?
- What do you see in the "associated image" popup? Every image in a specified directory? Every FILE in a especified directory? I say this because, perhaps, showing a link to a file (pdf...) or a flash or a movie or....could be an interesting option. Only one idea, sorry. wink

Ciao smile
In reply to Eloy Lafuente (stronk7)

by W Page -
Hi Elroy,

Thanks for the feedback.

200x200 is the default maximum.  You can change this however.  The instructions as to how to do it are in the Instructions file.  Just go to Section 7 of the site "config.php" file after installing the script and you can change the number 200 in the following line to what suits your needs,
$CFG->courseimagesize = '200';

Also the alignment of the following terms is corrected in the script,
  • Associated image
  • Alternate text
The "Associated image" is actually a "dropdown" selector for the images which have been upload to the server to the "images" directory.
PATH:  moodle/course/images/

There are some other things that will be worked on for the future,
1.  An "upload interface" to allow users to upload images directly into the "images" directory  from the web site or the DMS when that is ready.
2.  The ability to link to a file (PDF/FLASH/etc.)  - given to me by Elroy Lafuente   This would be an extension of its original use but a really good extension of it.  (Thanks Elroy).

WP1
In reply to W Page

by Juan Martinez -

Hi W Page (Hola amigo),

I long time i dont talk with you, so thank to put my name. I gonna test it again. I let you know. I would like to know do you resolve o was it resolve the problem with module bookmark fo william castillo.

Warm Regards,

Juan Martinez,

Dom. Rep.

In reply to Juan Martinez

by W Page -
¡Hola Juan! ¡Qué tal!

Gracias for testing the script. The Course Image + Course Details script is next on my list, then the Bookmark/Note script. I would like to complete working on all 3 before v1.4 Final. I do not know if it will be possible.

WP1