OU wiki guides

OU wiki guides

by Steve Wright -
Number of replies: 10
Has anyone produced any good guides for using te OU wiki? About to start on some whcih I'll happily share but hoping to avoid re-inventing the wheel.

Only ones I found online were minimal info on moodle docs and a page about eWiki on the OU...

More after a suggestions/ideas/recommendations type stuff than technical how-to's

Steve
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Steve Wright

This forum post has been removed

The content of this forum post has been removed and can no longer be accessed.
In reply to Deleted user

Re: OU wiki guides

by Steve Wright -
Just finishing up a PDF guide now in captivate - could mail it to you if of use...
In reply to Steve Wright

by Glenys Hanson -
Hello Steve,

I'd be very interested in having a copy of your guide to OU wiki.
I'm probably not the only one. Would you mind posting it here or is it too big?

Cheers,
Glenys
In reply to Glenys Hanson

OU wiki guide available

by Steve Wright -
Have put up a guide on t'internet at:

http://www.csalt.lancs.ac.uk/csalt/tel-docprog_support.htm

Bear in mind it's targetted at a doctoral programme so the advice is pretty contextualised for the use we're putting it to... Hopefully it captures the strengths (and limits) of the OU wiki. Word version available if you want an editable version - just mail or message me smile

Created in Captivate BTW.

Direct link: http://www.csalt.lancs.ac.uk/csalt/support/OU-wiki-guide_demo.pdf
In reply to Steve Wright

Re: OU wiki guide available

by Nigel Robertson -
Link seems broken!
In reply to Nigel Robertson

Re: OU wiki guide available

by Steve Wright -
In reply to Steve Wright

New OU Wiki Guide (Moodle 2.2/2.3)

by Steve Wright -

Have made a new guide in a few versions:

For students:

www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/~wrightst/moodle/OU-wiki-guide.pdf

Version for tutors with some comments in word balloons in the martgin giving ideas for applications, hints, tps and additional information for tutors:

www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/~wrightst/moodle/OU-wiki-guide-withTutorsNotes.pdf

Word version available on request under copyleft allowing non-commerncial re-use and re-mix with derivatives as long as I and Lancaster Uni are credited as originators. Send me a message if you want an editable copy as .docx  

In reply to Steve Wright

Re: New OU Wiki Guide (Moodle 2.2/2.3)

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers

Good work! I have linked this from the readme on our github site. I assume that's okay but let me know if not.

--sam

In reply to sam marshall

Re: New OU Wiki Guide (Moodle 2.2/2.3)

by Steve Wright -

No worries - glad to distribute (and now under explicit CC share-a-like licence) will keep word and PDF docs updated at that location.

All linked from with word doc (editable) available from http://www.lancs.ac.uk/staff/wrightst/

Really hope we can enable annotating (but no other editing) on other users in one-wiki-per-user asap as that would massively increase educational options and value.

Steve

Average of ratings: Useful (1)
In reply to Steve Wright

by sam marshall -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers
Hey, nice to see people are using the software.

I don't think anyone's even finished writing the official guide to it for students here! Sigh. (The computing guide site is only available to OU students anyhow, unfortunately.) So, no help here - sorry.

However I did want to mention the docs.moodle.org page for OU wiki! I think anyone with a Moodle account can edit this, and it's probably the best place if anyone has the inclination to write some 'general' documentation smile As you can see, there is not a lot there at the moment.

--sam