Updating SCORM

Updating SCORM

by Ruchi Raina -
Number of replies: 8
Hi,
In my course, I have one SCORM object for each module.
Course
> module
> Scorm

At times, when I update a SCORM object (by clicking the Update SCORM button, deleting the old files, and uploading the new file), the SCORM object does not work. When I go back to the course outline, and click the SCORM object there, I just see the module description and the Enter button for the module. But the SCORM object is not visible. Typically, it should be coming like:

Module description
<text>
module name
>module name
[Enter button]

What I see when SCORM is not working:

Module description
<text>

[Enter button]

I then have to delete the SCORM object entirely and then add a new one.

I don't want to be doing this as I understand that the test scores and completion data will be lost. Why is this happening and how do I correct this?

Thanks,
Ruchi
Average of ratings: -
In reply to Ruchi Raina

Re: Updating SCORM

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
could be that your browser is caching the content, like Bradley mentions here:
http://moodle.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=101758#p449644

also - what have you set as the "autoupdate" setting?

thanks,

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ruchi Raina -
Dan,
I am not sure if this is the same problem as in the thread by J.Rogers.
I have attached grabs for :
1) How the Moodle screen looks after I update a module.(Note that the contents area is empty.)
2) The error that I get when I click Enter Course.
3) The error log

I am using Moodle 1.8.3. and have set the Autoupdate feature to 'whenever it Changes'.

I am an instructional designer and not from a programming background (though I understand all) smile . If it requires a lot of troubleshooting, I can get some programming guys from my office.

Thanks,
Ruchi
Attachment LMS_error.PNG
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Ruchi Raina -
LMS screen
Attachment LMS_error_screen.png
In reply to Ruchi Raina

by Dan Marsden -
Picture of Core developers Picture of Particularly helpful Moodlers Picture of Peer reviewers Picture of Plugin developers Picture of Plugins guardians Picture of Testers Picture of Translators
it sounds like there might be a bug with the updating process in the SCORM module, can you please create a new bug in the tracker and provide some example objects that cause this problem, as well as a description of what you do to "update" the object.

if the scorm objects aren't publicly shareable, feel free to e-mail myself or Piers with the objects so we can test.

thanks,

smile

Dan
In reply to Dan Marsden

by Dylan James -
Hi guys,

I think I'm having the same problem.

This problem only occurs when I access the first module in a particular course as a learner.

As a practitioner and admin, it works fine.
In reply to Dylan James

by Piers Harding -
Hi Dylan -
can you state what version of Moodle that you are using - in fact as a general rule, it is often really helpful to know what the browser, and OS versions/flavours are being used too.

Thanks,
Piers Harding.
In reply to Piers Harding

by Ruchi Raina -
I am using version 1.9.2.
Before this, I was using version 1.8.3.

The problem is in both the versions.

Thanks,
Ruchi