Version 3.9.0 (stable version) for Moodle 3.9.0 Plugin to randomly auto enrol students in Moodle courses groups when they are enrolled into the course (whatever the enrol methods : auto-enrol by key, cohorts sync or manual enrol)
## Things to know :
- The plugin uses \core\event\user_enrolment_created (user_enrolled) Moodle event
- If a selected group is deleted, the plugin will ignore it.
## In this stable version (3.9.0) :
- GDPR implementation
- You can choose to enable the plugin in each course
- You can choose to auto-enrol students in all existing course or specific ones
## Compatibility :
- Tested with Moodle 3.9
- Another version of the plugin exist and works with Moodle 2.5 and 2.7 (I did not test it with the others versions but should work with all 2.x). It's a local plugin because adding link into "Course administration" menu was not possible for admin tool before Moodle 3.0. You can get it here : https://github.com/pascal-my/moodle-local_groupautoenrol/tree/STABLE
- Copy the directory 'groupautoenrol' into the `moodledir/admin/tool` directory.
- Connect to moodle as an administrator and install the plugin.
- Go to a course, create at least one group
- Enable the plugin for the course with the new link "Course administration > Users > Auto-enrol in groups"
Note : this link appears even if the plugin is not enabled for the course
- @copyright 2016 Pascal
- @author Pascal M - https://github.com/pascal-my
- @author Luuk Verhoeven - https://github.com/luukverhoeven
From Moodle 3.9 onwards this plugin will be maintained by Gemma Lesterhuis, Lesterhuis Training & Consultancy - https://ltnc.nl/
# Version history :
- 1.1 : stable version not working (bug)
- 1.1.1 : stable version working as local plugin for Moodle 2.x (see https://github.com/pascal-my/moodle-local_groupautoenrol)
- 1.1.2 : stable version working as admin tool plugin for Moodle 3.x
- 3.9.0 : Moodle 3.9 & PHP7.2 version