About this theme
* @package theme_flexibase
* @author 2015 Richard Oelmann
* @copyright 2015 R. Oelmann
* @parents Bootstrap
* @copyright 2014 Bas Brands
* @credits Essential - Julian Ridden, Gareth Barnard;
* Elegance - Julian Ridden, Danny Wahl;
* BCU - Jez H, Mike Grant
* Decaf - Paul Nichols
* Many others for non-specific but vital inspirations,
* suggestions and support
* @license http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/gpl.html GNU GPL v3 or later
This is the flexibase theme for Moodle. It is a Bootstrap3 theme, but uses
flexbox to create the layouts, rather than the bootstrap grid.
This theme depends upon Bas Brands bootstrap theme for bootstrap3.
The aim of the theme is to provide an experimental format for making use of the
flexbox css layouts to provide greater options for administrators and to simplify
the layout code when considering rtl languages, editing on/off, use of side-bars
and docking as well as other factors which influence the layouts. The theme allows
administrators to choose layout structures for set page layout types (standard pre
and post, 2 pre, 2 post etc) from a settings page without the need to edit theme
The theme also makes use of less compilation on the fly through its settings pages.
It has a range of colour and branding options which affect the less variables, but
also makes use of a 'CustomLess' setting in the same manner as many themes have a
'CustomCSS' (as flexibase also does).
IMPORTANT NOTE: Older versions of IE do not support any version of the flexbox
- IE9 and older: no support - Will appear in theme as if on a small screen (mobile first layout)
- IE10: Legacy support, supported in theme - Should appear as designed
- IE11+: Full support
I hope you find the theme useful. Please submit any comments and feedback via the
moodle.org forums or any bugs via the github issues page