Introducing evolve-D(earborn). A Moodle theme that is based off More but with an abundance of enhancements that evolved into a new theme. Evolve-D sports a clean, minimal design with a focus on simplicity to minimize distractions. What makes this theme different is it's new approach to the Moodle frontpage. Logged in users are presented with a custom homepage while logged out users get a beautiful login page with a fullscreen image background. You can even opt to use the built in login form or the standard Moodle login form. Each login form has unique styling and a beautiful fullscreen image background.
- Custom login page with fullscreen image background for logged out users
- Simplified, custom Moodle homepage for logged in users
- Two Column theme with blocks on the right
- Support for Moodle's Socialwall Course Format. If you use the Socialwall Course Format the evolve-D theme is the perfect companion as it contains super nice styling for the post interface and timeline posts.
- Four image slideshow on custom homepage
- Visual Separation of Topics/weeks. Unique styling creates a visual separation of weeks/topics with the ability to customize the background color in theme settings.
- Custom Logo
- Marketing Spots at bottom of page
- Fontawesome support
- Custom Menu "My Courses" dropdown
- General and Weather Alert notices for users
- Custom Colors
Moodle 3.2 compatibility
Several people have asked if there will be releases of Evolve-D beyond Moodle 2.9 to be compatible with Moodle 3.2. After much debate we decided the best option was to take many of the features from Evolve-D and to build a new theme moving forward called Fordson. Fordson is a child theme of the new Moodle default theme Boost. Fordson builds on Evolve-D by incorporating a better custom homepage with up to six marketing spots, custom page header image for both the site and individual courses, and of course... Style Presets which can transform your site to give it a unique look and feel! I am even working on an "evolve-D" style preset so that the content areas and blocks will have a similar look and feel to evolve-D with the great new features of Boost.
If you like Evolve-D, I hope you check out Fordson: https://moodle.org/plugins/theme_fordson
Documentation and Setup
(special thanks to German Valero for creating the doc page.)
Version 2.0.2 and Newer Updates and Setup Instructions
Evolve-D is maintained and developed by Dearborn Public Schools. We are a K-12 school district in Dearborn, Michigan.
Moodle 2.9 Note:
If you are using Moodle 2.9 the default homepage for the site is the new User Dashboard. You need to change this in Site Administration > Navigation > Default Homepage for Users. Please force "Site" for all users if you want to use this Evolve-D's custom homepage with icons.