The "Essential" Moodle Theme
With 2.5 now released Julian thought it time to take the opportunity to build a new theme that would push the new theme engine to it's limits a bit. With that in mind he introduced the new "Essential" theme. Now Julian has left us for Canvassian adventures, David and Gareth took over development and maintenance. And now David has left for pastures new, Gareth continues to maintain and make improvements.
The idea of this theme is to make the site look as little like Moodle as possible. In this specific instance, it would be used on sites where Moodle would potentially serve as a company homepage rather than just a course list.
Cool things to know about the theme.
- It attempts to load as many as possible icons from a font
- Most of what you think are "graphics" are actually the [Awesome font](http://fortawesome.github.io/Font-Awesome/)
- The slider on the front page is completely customisable through theme settings.
- I am really trying to push what [Bootstrap](http://twitter.github.io/bootstrap/) Grids can do. As such the theme is fully responsive.
- The footer is all custom Moodle regions. This means blocks can be added.
- The theme can use [Google web fonts](http://www.google.com/fonts/) to give it that extra bit of shazam!
- Social network icons appear at the top of the page dynamically based on theme settings.
- The entire colour scheme can be modified with theme settings.
Please see the 'Support' section in 'README.txt' file that comes with the theme.
Please read the 'Reporting issues' section in 'README.txt' file that comes with the theme before posting / contacting me. If there is any missing information then I'll only ask for it which will delay you getting a solution to your problem.
Please note that previously the version for Moodle 2.6 was 2.7.x as well, but since these versions are now separated we also lowered the displayed version number.
|2.5||2.5.8||Last release for M2.5|
|2.6||2.6.11||Last release for M2.6|
|2.7||188.8.131.52.2||Last release for M2.7|
|2.8||184.108.40.206||Last release for M2.8|
|3.2||TBA||Details to follow|