Activities: WizIQ: A Virtual Classroom Plugin
WizIQ’s Live Class web conferencing module enables Moodle users to schedule and deliver online classes using the WizIQ Virtual Classroom. This web based virtual classroom is equipped with real-time collaboration tools like, live chat, audio and live video streams for up to 6 people, whiteboard, screen and content sharing (.doc, .docx, .pdf, .xls, .xlsx, .ppt, .pptx, .pps, .ppsx, .swf, .flv and YouTube videos). A free user account is required for Moodle administrators, on org.WizIQ.com to download the WizIQ Live Class module available as an ‘activity’ and ‘block’. ‘Activity’ features the scheduling of live classes within the Moodle course and ‘Block’ lists the live classes on the schedule. Any teacher or administrator on Moodle can schedule a live class by choosing ‘WizIQ Live Class’ from the ‘Add an activity’ drop-down list within the Moodle system.
What can teachers do in the WizIQ Live Class Moodle module?
Schedule a class
While setting up a new class, a teacher or an administrator can specify the class title, date and time, duration, language for classroom interface, its type (audio or audio and video both) and whether to record this class.
You can see a list of all classes with status whether they are scheduled or done. Besides, you can edit, cancel, reschedule a class and also get an attendance report once a class is over.
- Create and name folders that are relevant to specific courses
- Upload files in appropriate folders
- Use content in your live classes from the content library rather than uploading it from your desktop every time
- Delete folders/files when you don't need them anymore
What more can you do?
- After a class is scheduled, a private URL is generated. This URL acts as a permalink for the class that can be shared via email, blogs, social networking sites or other websites to promote the class.
- The class you scheduled gets listed as an event on the Moodle calendar and it is also accessible from the ‘Upcoming events’ block.
- You may choose to record a class and make it available for download
WizIQ Virtual Classroom - Features
- Works in Flash technology, browser-like tabbed interface, MS Office like keyboard shortcuts
- 6 live video streams, full screen video, control audio/video for all attendees
- Play audio and video files instantly, play YouTube videos, control playback for all attendees
- Drawing tool, math tool, group/ungroup objects, multiple whiteboards
- Real time communication - private chat, group chat, raise hand, emoticons, font colors