WebRTC Moodle Plugin
Welcome to WebRTC Moodle Plugin!
This project uses the code from
http://webrtc-experiment.com to implement an activity module for Moodle to allow people to interact more freely.
Everything you need to start communicating using your webcam and microphone is an updated browser like Firefox or Chrome. There is no need to install any third-party plugins on your browser. There is no flash here.
Also, this plugin transfer data (audio and video) in a P2P (peer-to-peer) fashion. This way, data is sent directly from one user computer to another. There is no dependency on a "central server" or a "streaming server".
The only dependency on a server is for "signaling events" like room creations, and users joining and leaving. See more about it on the "Signaling server" section of this document.
- Video and audio chat
- With mute/unmute controls for audio and video
- Record video and audio from any peer (or local stream) and save to your computer
- Text chat
- File sharing
- It is P2P file sharing, not integrated with Moodle Files API
- The icon was downloaded from pixabay and is licensed under CC0 Public Domain
It is basically a copy of the all-in-one demo:
But WebRTC is much more than that!
- Colaborative canvas
This plugin was tested in version 2.7 and 2.8 of Modle. If you get this plugin working on ther version, please let everybody know at:
- Put this code under "moodle/mod/webrtcexperiments"
- you can use composer
- or git
- or you can download the latest version from https://github.com/danielneis/moodle-mod_webrtcexperiments/archive/master.zip
- Visit your Moodle site as administrator to install plugin via web interface
This module needs a signaling server. To learn more about Signaling, please visit:
If you don't want (or don't feel the need to, or cannot, for any reason) to run your own server, don't worry, this module will use the server below by default (under TLS)
Note that there is no warranty for this server to be up and running. This server runs a websocket server over node.js that can be found at
Feel free to contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org .
If you have problems using the plugin the plugin or would like to see a new feature implemented, please visit
If you like the plugin and want to say hi publicly instead of sending an email, leave a comment at